Senior Operator with Hazmat and Tankers Endorsement
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 associates working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you.
Senior Operators support the company through safe, legal, and courteous operations to include driving of equipment to and from work site locations, and supervision of operators. Senior are expected to provide supervision to Operators and Drivers while on location, including but not limited to: Rig up/down and loading/unloading bulk nitrogen tanks. Senior Operators are expected to ensure that all DOT and company policies regarding safe operations and maintenance of the equipment operated during the normal course of work are followed at all times by Operators and Transport Drivers.
* Supervise and perform general maintenance on equipment
* Supervise and perform minor repairs to equipment
* Supervise and provide labor during rig up / rig down activities, on the job site
* Supervise and provide support to other transport drivers and operators as required
* Proficient in the safe operation of the tanks and transports
* Capable of determining the proper / safe rig up for each service job
* Knowledgeable and capable of properly completing Hazardous Materials Shipping Documents
* Capable of completing and submitting job reports, service tickets, maintenance reports, DOT logs, administrative, and all mandatory paperwork
* Understand and adhere to all DOT Regulations and guidelines
* Capable of coordinating and tracking Liquid Nitrogen deliveries to location during service hours
* Proficient in the operation of the pumping equipment
* Capable of determining the proper setting and placement of pressure relief devices in each rig up
* Proficient in the operation of Oxygen, Dew Point and LEL meters
* Proficient in the use of digital dead weight, chart recorder testing equipment and testing procedures/documentation
* Proficient in the proper rig up techniques required to purge and fill High Pressure Nitrogen bottles and bottle racks
* Capable of conducting all safety meetings, tail gate meeting and JSEA sessions
* Capable of coordinating the activities of a crew of operators and transport drivers on high profile jobs
* Conduct professionally as a customer liaison on job sites
* Provide suggestions or recommendations to upper management in regards to hiring, firing, advancement, promotion or any change of status of operators and transport drivers
* Proficient in the SSE mentoring program
* Train and share knowledge and experience with operators and transport drivers as a mentor in their career knowledge
* Must be able to travel.
* Valid Class A CDL with Hazmat and Tankers endorsement.
* Preferred two years DOT driving experience with Tankers and Hazmat endorsements (or be capable of obtaining hazmat endorsement)
* Must be able to safely operate a forklift, pickup truck/company car and tractor trailer
* Working knowledge of hydraulic equipment and diesel engines
* Proficient knowledge of cryogenic pumps, tanks, transports and equipment
* Capable of calculating Nitrogen volumes for service applications
* Experienced with JSEA process
* Preferred high school diploma or GED equivalent
* Must be available for a 24 hour on call schedule.
* Must be willing to work a 21 day on and 7 day off schedule
* Ability to routinely lift, carry, push and pull 10 - 40 lbs., and occasionally lift, carry, push and pull 41 - 100 lbs
* May occasionally require reaching above shoulder, grasping, and repetitive motion
* Requires extensive standing, walking, bending, squats, kneeling, twisting, turning and climbing
* Requires working outside in unfavorable weather conditions
* Requires extensive driving and sitting
* Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability