Senior Oracle Database Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Battle Creek, MI
* Provide database administration support for compliant Oracle versions (i.e. 11gR2 and 12c) database instances supported by Technology Foundation Services. Databases are hosted on hardware such as, HP UNIX Itanium, LINUX, Solaris platforms including some VM-based LINUX.
* Install and test Oracle database releases, upgrades, fixes and quarterly security patches as required.
* Provide support for the migration of Oracle instances to later database releases as they occur.
* Provide knowledge transfer to government personnel and others as directed by Technology Foundation Services on Oracle database administration, stored procedures, packages and triggers.
* Develop/maintain Oracle database backup and recovery processes using tools such as Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN)
* Support standalone databases as well as high availability configurations using Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) software
* Support real-time monitoring utilizing Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) for all Oracle databases. Use Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) and/or other vendor software to monitor, measure, and maintain Database and Application Server integrity through active analysis of performance measures.
* Support database storage utilizing Oracle Automatic Storage Manager (ASM) for all Oracle databases.
* Support data integration and replication in heterogeneous IT environments utilizing Oracle GoldenGate software and Materialized Views.
* Emphasis on implementing, planning, execution and delivery of many major projects involving very complex Oracle databases in support of critical and non-critical applications.
* Responsible for all tasking assigned by the Project Manager/Technical Lead DBA to ensure the quality of the work performed and the completion of the work on time.
* Implement and maintain Oracle database applications in development, test, stage, functional, and production environments.
* Keep database versions up to developed standards and correct any known security vulnerabilities.
* Responsible for closing all Remedy ITSM tickets assigned by the Project Manager/Technical Lead DBA
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
* 6+ years of experience in positions supporting 24x7 operational environments.
* Some experience in senior level DBA positions responsible for planning and implementing Oracle Database11gR2 (or higher) and/or Application Server implementations to include highly available and failover configurations.
* Demonstrated experience in planning and implementing medium to large sized technology projects in support of business initiatives.
* Strong knowledge and command of UNIX Oracle Solaris 10/Red Hat Enterprise LINUX 6 (RHEL6) (or higher) operating system environments.
* Experienced in initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and delivery of projects.
* Must be able to meet strict performance standards and timelines.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
* Minimum BSdegree in IT or other related field
* OCP certification (or higher) in Oracle version 11gR2 (or higher) REQUIRED
* Security+ CE (or higher) certification REQUIRED
* SECRET Security Clearance mandatory