Senior Oracle RAC DBA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONROLE: ORACLE RAC DBA
DURATION: TEMP TO PERMANENT
LOCATION: WORCESTER, MA.
Resource will be responsible for the structure, health and performance for all databases supported within the organization.
Resource will need to have a good working knowledge of Oracle Databases and supporting infrastructure.
Resource will lead applications and projects independently and support the Oracle databases and corresponding infrastructure during implementation and integration projects.
Resource will also be responsible for providing on call services accordingly.
* Responsible for database monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and high availability strategies for Oracle Implementation.
* Review and enhance backup and recovery strategies.
* Anticipate hardware requirements and storage capacity planning for development, testing, QA and production for growth and performance.
* Tune and Optimize Data Warehouse system.
* Install, configure, implement and support RAC 12c configuration
* Develop integrate a security model within the Oracle database environment.
* Perform RMAN backups
* Pro-actively monitor production databases and optimize systems for better performance.
* Diagnose system problems, evaluate alternative solutions and take initiative to solve problems, resolve locking conflicts/blocking and resource utilization.
* Work with database developers and engineers to analyze database performance and identify problems in areas such as: execution plans, index coverage, and Oracle statistics. Demonstrate ability to solve complex database administration problems.