Senior Orbital Welding Engineer 8/24/2016
Executive Search Consultants
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERALL JOB FUNCTION:
The Senior Welding Engineer performs welding design & qualification and reviews customer product requirements & comments to ensure welding code & specification requirements. This specialist will have a primary focus on orbital welding of tube-to-tubesheet joints.
Responsible for ensuring that industry code (ASME, AWS, etc.) and customer requirements are properly set and completed throughout the manufacturing and fabrication processes.
Determine the appropriate processes and procedures are developed, utilized, implemented and ensure they meet both internal and external quality requirements.
Interface with plant managers, quality and purchasing management, mechanical engineers, manufacturing technicians, and welders on production jobs and production enhancement projects.
Work extensively with external customers and their code inspectors to ensure products are produced or refurbished to the required quality level in a timely and cost effective manner.
Attends pre-fabrication meetings with customers as required.
Ensure documentation completion and document status communications to internal customers using SharePoint document management system.
Interpreting and analyzing request for quotations.
Developing detailed written weld procedures which meet code in particular, welding tube-to-tubesheet joints in vertical orientation. Preferably in a wide range of tube diameters, wall thickness, and metallurgy combinations.
- BS Welding Engineering or Metallurgy with in-depth knowledge of the petrochemical industry is preferred.
- ASME B&PV Section VIII Division 1, Section II, Section IX preferred. ASME B&PV Section VIII Division 2 and AWS code experience a plus.
- Able to read, interpret, and determine appropriate welding procedures and processes based on customer specifications and industry requirements.
- Operational welding (set up strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Good organizational / task tracking skills. Managing priorities for multiple assignments.
- Normal office and shop environment with some travel to the shops.