Senior Organizational Development Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 1/4/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
The role of the Senior Organizational Development Consultant is to design and implement organizational development solutions across TMHS to support the culture and organizational capacity that is needed to achieve business objectives. The incumbent is responsible for activities including human performance and organizational assessment, intervention plan development, recommendation and execution, and communicating with key stakeholders about intervention effectiveness. This individual works closely with the TMHS Human Resources team to support the continuous development of Methodist workforce capabilities.
1. Assesses needs, diagnoses problems, and determines the appropriate intervention to enhance individual and organizational effectiveness and support strategic goals.
2. Partners with key stakeholders to design and execute change management activities; communicates plans and anticipated outcomes to support positive relationships.
3. Manages OD projects including (but not limited to) process improvement interventions, team effectiveness initiatives, leadership program course development and delivery. Provides direction and support to project team members.
4. Chooses appropriate metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of OD projects and reports findings to key stakeholders. Uses information to adjust techniques for future engagements of similar nature and scope.
5. Conducts leadership coaching for multiple levels of management as a comp1nt of comprehensive development plans. Facilitates strategic planning meetings for various levels of the leadership team and various business units. Tracks all service requests according to department standards and includes assigned projects in the work time database.
6. Performs other related work as required. Follows the HR Standards of Service in dealing with customers.
7. Demonstrates the componets of ICARE values statement.
8. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
Masters Degree in Organizational Development, Industrial Psychology, Social Work, HR Management, or other related field.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS 5 plus years of professional experience in an organizational development role. Experience in a healthcare environment and working with senior level management is a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED N/A
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Possesses strong knowledge of leadership competencies and techniques for developing competence.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of change management principles and theories. General understanding of the core functions of human resources management and how OD solutions integrate.
3. Ability to understand and maneuver in the context of multiple cultures and organizational agendas.
4. Demonstrated ability to effectively facilitate meetings and present information to both small and large groups.
5. Knowledge of MS Office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.