Senior PMO Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
JOB DESCRIPTIONPURPOSE: The Federal Employee Program Operations Center (FEPOC) Portfolio Management Office (PMO) Portfolio Analyst position performs a series of activities in direct support of the Project Portfolio Management function. Primary activities include: process management, portfolio management, data analysis and reporting.
Under the direction of the Manager, FEPOC Portfolio Management Office, the principle duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
o Understands and facilitates adherence to processes supporting PMO services.
o Monitors process compliance across user base.
o Monitors and reports on process effectiveness and efficiency.
o Stewards processes supporting PMO services, including: estimation management, change management, issue management, risk management, resource management, schedule management, financial management, etc.
o Stewards processes by training and mentoring users on how to follow PMO processes, soliciting feedback from users on the quality of the process, managing the backlog of process improvements, and leading process improvement initiatives.
o Designs, builds and tests new procedures and/or enhancements to existing procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness while retaining appropriate controls and measurements.
o Ensures alignment of processes to organizational standards and policies.
o Oversees select aspects of the FEPOC PMO portfolio and supporting services
o Responsible for designing, documenting, implementing, and collecting select metrics within the PMO portfolio.
o Steward and own portfolio monitoring and controlling activities, such as Enterprise Resource Management, Project Financial Reviews, etc.
o Tracks and reports the impacts of interdependencies between projects and programs.
o Validates that all interdependency data exists in the Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) tool, develops extracts and reports of the data.
o Generates metrics from data extracts from PPM tool.
o Ability to understand corporate strategy and its impact to the portfolio management function.
o Transforms data to information that enables decision-making and puts forward the key message/ takeaways.
o Provides both verbal and written communications regarding portfolio status, risks, issues, financial and resource data for executive consumption.
o Creates various types of portfolio documentation and views, summarizing key data elements and identifying items for closer review.
o Develops graphs and charts as appropriate to represent very detailed data at a summary level.
o Supports and implements presentation formats and scenarios to help convey information to executives.
o Maintains high quality of information within the PPM tool. Identifies gaps and escalates for corrective action.
Data Analysis, Reporting, and Presentation:
o Performs standard data analysis, draws conclusions, and makes recommendations for risk mitigation. Data includes: Schedule, Resource, Milestone, Issues, Risks, Dependencies, and Financials.
o Works on complex problems where analysis of situation or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors to achieve best results. Able to identify root causes and suggest corrective actions or alternative solutions.
o Serves as backup to the Portfolio Manager at key meetings
o Facilitates various portfolio review meetings; guides the discussion, contributes ideas and suggestions.
* Financial Management
o Executes PMO Financial Management process
o Tracks and reports the financials for each project and program, with a roll-up to the portfolio level. Performs reviews and audits of financial transactions entered into the PPM Tool.
o Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of all financial data. Prepares materials for financial reviews at various project steering meetings, and executive committees.
o Maintains proper controls for funding approvals, and verifies that an audit trail exists for each funding request.
o Collaborates with the finance department, FEPOC PMO leadership and various functional managers to ensure project budgets are properly estimated and controlled
o Interfaces with Finance staff for financial reconciliation and reporting.
o Review of Financial Transactions and Adjustments within the Clarity tool.
o Researches financial data issues; identifies underlying problems and makes recommendations for corrective action.
* Resource Management
o Tracks resource utilization; compares modeled/planned resource mix to actual resource mix and utilization. Prepares findings and recommends corrective actions.
* Schedule Management
o Leads oversight using integrated work breakdown structures. Understands use of milestones, predecessors, successors, critical path, etc.
- BS Degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, Project Management, or Management Information Systems or directly related equivalent experience
- 3 to 6+ years relevant experience in roles requiring project/portfolio management, resource & risk analysis, financial project management and metrics reporting.
- Familiarity with SQL or Data Modeling practices
- Familiar with Project Management Lifecycles (e.g. PMI, PRINCE2, etc.) and how they are leveraged with Solution Delivery Lifecycles to deliver technical solutions
- Solid knowledge of SDLC project management discipline.
- Intermediate user proficiency with one or more Project Portfolio Management tools (e.g. CA Clarity PPM, HP PPM, Planview PPM, etc.). CA Clarity experience preferred.
- Beginner or higher proficiency with Enterprise Reporting tools (e.g. Cognos, Business Objects, etc.)
- Intermediate or higher proficiency with MS Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint, InfoPath
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel
- Strong sense of accountability
- Takes initiative
- Independent worker; requires minimal supervision
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills; passion for understanding data; curiosity, thirst for knowledge; desire to investigate root causes of data patterns and trends.
- Able to extract information through analysis of a series of related data points to provide indirect support to decision making
- Quick learner; can easily learn new business and technical tools and processes.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively; must be able to clearly articulate complex data.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills able to communicate very detailed information at a summary level.
- Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Effective in a highly dynamic environment; able to handle changing priorities.
- Ability to build collaborative and trusting relationships with peers and all levels of management
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and persuade customers, employees, and management at all levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
- Perceived as a leader; sought-out by others for advice and counsel.
- Solid organizational skills; ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.