Senior Packaging Buyer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSuperior Group is hiring for a Senior Packaging Buyer for a strong client in South Buffalo. This position is responsible for the sourcing and negotiation of packaging supply contracts for North American Plant facilities in the USA and Canada. Working closely with Plant Operations, Packaging Development & Marketing, this position is responsible for identifying and executing savings opportunities such as negotiation, value analysis and vendor transfer as a cross-functional effort to deliver cost reduction targets and optimize other performance measures such as on-time delivery & lead time on purchased goods and services, without jeopardizing quality, flexibility and supply continuity. Some travel is required.
1. Preparing bid proposals, negotiating all pricing contracts, analyzing and summarizing all responses and executing final contracts with Suppliers.
2. Responsible for reviewing, approving and issuing of Supplier Pricing Grids
3. Resolve supplier quality and supplier non-conformance concerns
4. Assist the Director with development of an Annual Savings target
5. Responsible for establishing pricing for budget preparation
6. Develop supplier relationships to optimize supplier quality and performance.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
2 years purchasing experience
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
Strong Excel experience
Experience managing a budget
Go Beyond. www.superiorjobs.com.
EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.