Senior Paralegal I- Employment & Labor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Senior Paralegal I- Employment & Labor
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications: This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role's country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role.
Sr. Paralegal I - Employment & Labor
We are seeking a Senior Paralegal to join our Employment & Labor Law Center of Excellence in our Legal Department in our offices in Neenah, Wisconsin.
* Assist attorneys and other paralegals as part of an attorney/paralegal team providing strategic legal advice on employment & labor legal matters, plus work directly with members of the business team, Human Resources, Global Security, Risk Management and others
* Investigate, prepare documents, and gather evidence relating to administrative claims and state and federal court cases regarding discrimination, labor arbitrations, or other legal claims
* Coordinate with outside counsel on US employment litigation docket
* Develop communications for a global audience on employment & labor legal matters
* Coordinate with outside counsel on management of employment and labor legal matters
* Conduct legal research; draft and review memoranda and other documents
* Keep informed of current laws, regulations and proposals in a variety of areas and prepare internal updates regarding new legal developments
* Assist in the development of legal presentations and conduct such legal presentations for clients
* Interact with professionals outside the company including outside lawyers, customers, vendors, and government and non-government agencies and organizations
* Assist in the development of employment & labor law best practices and process improvements
* Develop understanding of employment & labor laws globally and provide support to attorneys in all regions
* Lead complex employment & labor law projects
* Prioritize, balance, and coordinate workload with other paralegals and team members
* An Associate's degree, paralegal certificate or equivalent work experience.
* 3+ years of experience as a paralegal in an in-house or law firm setting.
* Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
* Personal accountability for work and work product; willing and able to follow through on complex issues.
* Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a business-oriented service disposition.
* Ability to make decisions and inspire client confidence in work product and judgment.
* Bachelor's degree
* Employment & labor law experience, preferably global experience
* Strong project management skills
* Computer research and investigation skills
* In-house legal experience
* Experience in Human Resources or legal support of Human Resources
* Experience supporting litigation
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
Primary Location USA-WI-Neenah
Worker Type Employee
Worker Sub-Type Regular
Time Type Full time