Senior Partner Architect - Networking
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Downers Grove, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
R4389 Senior Partner Architect - Networking (Open)
Job Posting Title:
Senior Partner Architect - Networking
The Americas Networking Partner Architect is responsible for working with the Americas Channel team that includes Partner Account Managers, Field SE and Sales teams, and Channel services team members to help develop and support the assigned managed partners. The Partner Architect will also serve as a trusted adviser to our managed partner community and requires an entrepreneurial spirit as well as an understanding of the channel business model, channel processes and sales process. This role will also require a strong technical foundation in Citrix solutions with a focus on Citrix WAN Virtualization, WAN Optimization, Networking ADC solutions as well as experience with structured methodologies will be necessary.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Able to establish relationships and engage with the technical personnel within their assigned managed partners.
- Collaborate with other enablement team members, enterprise architects and field sale engineers to implement/execute channel-ready content, programs and projects.
- Leverages product expertise in the area WAN Optimization, WAN Virtualization and Application Delivery Controllers, to provide technical expertise to managed partners and customers through technical sales presentations, product demonstrations, product proof of concepts, enablement sessions.
- Support the Americas Partner Account Managers, Strategic Partner Account Managers and Sales team through alignment with their business plans for managed partners.
- Act as channel champion and advocate across the sales/channel business to ensure that the right programs, tools and content are developed to support the managed partner community and extended to tele-managed and disti-managed partners.
- Work cross-functionally within Citrix (Americas Channel, Americas Readiness and Channel Architecture Program) to ensure that new content and tools align with the channel business model and relevancy.
- Ensure accurate and timely activity, issue updates and reporting to management.
- Consistently provides contribution to the broader team’s technical mindshare.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Strong work ethic, attitude and follow through ability
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills
- Must be flexible, dependable, and capable of multi-tasking
- Strong knowledge of Citrix Networking products and technology architectures
- Build new partner relationships and expand on existing
- Experienced ability to motivate, train and conduct seminars to drive mind share within managed partners to increase Citrix revenues
- Possesses high level of specialized sales and product solution knowledge
- The individual should be able to apply an understanding of Networking and 1 of the following other areas of focus:
- Application Virtualization
- Server Virtualization
- Desktop Virtualization
- Enterprise Mobility Management
- Knowledge of complementary hardware and software solutions
- Ability to troubleshoot complex network environments
- Understanding of WAN virtualization, WAN optimization, bandwidth management and quality of service concepts
- Ability to articulate and understand the customer strategy and Citrix solution strategy; ability to make a compelling case for Citrix products
- Capable of quickly learning new products and technologies
- Ability to maintain relationships with technical resources at all levels of a customer and partner organization.
- Understanding of technical sales techniques and processes including the ability to understand customer needs, overcome objections, assist in the development of business cases, and technically close deals.
- Ability to diffuse complicated technical and political situations with partners and customers.
- Can independently communicate and present solutions at a C-Level.
- Ability to establish relationships with Citrix practice leaders and technical personnel to increase Citrix mindshare within our channel partner to drive net new source opportunities.
- Must be flexible, dependable, and capable of quickly learning new products and technologies.
- Completes paperwork and uses internal Citrix account management applications in a timely fashion (expenses, status reports, self-evaluation/goal setting tools)
Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or equivalent experience
- Experience working within a company’s channel organization or at a channel partner
- Pre-sales consulting and/or channel enablement is required in any of these technology areas:
- Router and Switches/Core Networking
- Load Balancers
- Security (Web, Email, Content, Firewalls)
- Data Center (Storage Virtualization, Virtual Switching)
- 5+ years with pre-sales or system engineering experience in a high technology company or channel partner
- Excellent customer service skills
- Solid architectural skills in Citrix products and technologies are required
- Willing to travel within the Americas
- The following certifications are beneficial but not required:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) – Routing Switching
- CCDP or similar vendor certification
Working with Citrix puts you at the forefront of technology. If you are ready to excel, innovate, and really enjoy where you work, apply online for the Networking Partner Architect position. Bring your career to Citrix, and let your talent take you virtually anywhere!
*LI-TR1, Chicago, IL
Networking, Layers 2-3, Layers 4-7, ADC, Routing and Switching, Network security, Load Balancer, SDN, SD WAN, architect, systems engineer, SE, consultant, Chicago
Channel Manager (Channel Development Manager)
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we’re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You’ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.