Senior Payroll Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Senior Payroll Analyst
HUMAN RESOURCES | PORTLAND, OR, UNITED STATES
Ecova--Making a World of Difference
At Ecova, we believe each individual, no matter the role, can make a difference for our clients, the environment and for themselves. Ecova is built on a strong foundation of integrity, community, leadership, persistence and urgency.
Our highest goal is to be the market leading, trusted advisor to organizations driven to maximize results, reduce expenses, manage risk and improve environmental performance. Our focus is to grow results on saving resources for our clients from utilities to facilities. We apply data-driven insights from demand to impact to target inefficiencies and See More, Save More and Sustain More for our clients.
We strive to deliver results and innovation through efforts of our unparalleled people to each and every client with whom we engage. We re on the look-out for team players to work with us in serving as an integral extension of our clients to measure, analyze and improve resource management. Come join the Ecova family together we can Make a World of Difference.
The Sr. Payroll Analyst is a critical HR Team Member responsible for accurate, timely and compliant payroll processing and reporting.
* Directs and delivers the operational management of bi-weekly payroll process ensuring the accurate and timely processing of all payroll activities, including garnishments, benefits and taxes consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
* Ensures payroll and reporting systems and processes correctly compute and record time, earnings, employee benefits, special deductions, mandated benefits, taxes, garnishments and other items that affect net pay and/or company liability. Provides accurate reporting of employee earnings, and distribution of W2's.
* Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local laws as well as company policy and procedures regarding payroll-related activities. Reports state and federal payroll quarterly taxes in timely and accurate manner.
* Ensures accurate deduction and remittance of garnishments, child support, IRS levies and court orders as administered by vendors or internal staff
* Ensures processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations is accurate and timely as it relates to Payroll.
* Serves as the payroll face to the business therein establishing strong internal customer relations and expectations.
* Recommends organization-wide communications for payroll policies and processes regarding earnings, deductions, time keeping, government compliance reporting and other reporting requirements.
* Develops and maintains effective relationships with payroll-related vendors and government agencies
* Ensures earnings and taxes from employees exercise or receipt of dividends of Engie stock transactions are accurately recorded in payroll in a timely manner including communications and reports to internal team members and Parent Corporation. Also prepares Forms 1099-DIV and 1099-B as applicable.
* Manages vendor (ADP) invoices for various post production services to contract and submits for approval of payment.
* Coordinates with Expat manager on Expat compensation packages. Ensures all U.S. taxable income is duly recorded and coordinates data with vendor preparing expat individual tax returns.
* Manages Canadian payroll including reports to Accounting.
* Critically reviews and analyzes payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
* Manages regular preparation of relevant management reports, including bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.). Actively and effectively communicates with internal departments to provide timely and accurate reporting, cross-departmental impacts and data sharing.
* Develops and delivers goals and objectives for optimizing and improving the payroll. Partner with HR and Finance to align and implement sustainable and scalable payroll best practices methodologies.
* Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance or other business discipline
* Minimum of 7 years of diverse experience managing payroll for U.S. multi-state businesses and/or companies
* Certification as a payroll professional is desired.
* Payroll reporting experience related to federal, state, city and local payroll and tax requirements
* Strong Excel (macros, formula building, pivot tables, graphic presentations, etc) is required.
* Ability to use analysis to resolve complex issues; strong attention to detail; results driven, self-motivated leader with ability to effectively plan and manage multiple projects
* Proven ability to work effectively with senior-level staff, cross functionally and across HR functions. Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills along with the ability to engage individuals at all levels in the organization.
* Flexible and adaptable and willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
Ecova is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.