Senior Payroll Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Senior Payroll Assistant, Esterline Defense Technologies
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. Esterline Defense Technologies (EDT) is comprised of five wholly-owned subsidiaries of Esterline. The Defense Technologies platform has a sole source position in Combustible Ammunition Cases and Countermeasure Chaff. Additionally, Defense Technologies produces Countermeasure Flares and related products for the global defense industry. The platform is headquartered in Coachella, CA with additional locations in the states of Arkansas, Tennessee and North Carolina.
Company Name: Esterline Defense Technologies is part of the Advanced Materials Business Segment of Esterline Technologies Corporation
Industry: Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 650
Title: Senior Payroll Assistant
Job Family: Accounting Support
Reports to: Payroll Manager
Works with: mid-level managers and supervisors, employees
Location: Coachella, California
Responsible for full payroll processing and assists with all month-end reporting. Generates reports related to payroll. Keeps up with company policies and procedures related to payroll as well as State and Federal compliance regulations. Will be required to meet deadlines, schedules, emergency situations and last-minute changes of priorities.
* Prints weekly time cards for shop hourly employees.
* Verifies weekly eTime cards for Administrative and verifies daily eTime reports for Shop Hourly employees.
* Enters weekly labor distribution into Syteline.
* Prepares all necessary payroll reports, schedules and reconciliations required bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
* Calculates retro, and any adjustments needed for payroll processing. Prepares manual checks when needed. Assists employees on payroll matters.
* Communicates with Esterline and Government entities on payroll related matters. Maintains payroll files, keeps up with changes in policies and procedures and regulations.
* Works on special projects and other job-related duties as required.
* Responsible for routine cash and banking functions.
* Execute weekly positive pay file for accounts payable
* Initiate and distribute wire paperwork for approval and transmission.
* Report and balance all cash transactions weekly and monthly.
* Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
* File or store banking documents to include bank statements.
* Act as the Purchase Card administrator which includes: interfacing with USBank for approved new account setup or terminations, cardholder record keeper, routing the monthly statement to A/P and maintain program records in an orderly manner.
* Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
* Understand and live by Esterline s ethics and business conduct policies
* Payroll experience with accurate, good math and computer skills.
* Familiar with State and Federal compliance regulations. Communicates well in English and uses good telephone etiquette.
* Preferably with 1-2 years college education in Business with an emphasis in Accounting and prior experience in general bookkeeping, in a computerized environment.
* Proficient in the use of 10-key calculators and must possess accurate typing skills. Must be organized and attentive to detail with strong written and oral communication skills and a good command and comprehension of the English language.
* Must be responsible, dependable, and accurate and have the ability to deal with people effectively.
* Ability to work independently.
* Demonstrate ability in the Esterline competencies as an employee: customer focus, ethics and values, problem solving, integrity and trust, functional/technical skills, listening, action-oriented, composure and values diversity.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* U.S. citizenship or Permanent Resident Alien Status required
Please apply on-line on the Esterline Career Website, www.esterline.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).