Senior Payroll Specialist 8/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY There's a reason INSPERITY Ranks in the Top 3% of U.S. Best Workplaces on WorkplaceDynamics list.
Want to work for us and find out why
As a trusted advisor to America's best businesses for more than 25 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees' personal and professional success are the reasons we've been regarded as one of the "Best Places to Work" for 10 years running.
MIDDLE MARKET PAYROLL SPECIALIST
Under moderate supervision and moderate decision-making:
* Creates and maintains Mid Market client relationships which support Insperity's revenue, expense and growth targets.
* Onboards and maintains assigned clients with various client company structures and in multiple states/localities to payroll and related services ensuring accurate and timely implementation.
* Analyzes payroll data supplied by clients for accuracy and completeness, inputs and balances payroll data accurately, processes payroll, and reviews/analyzes payroll reports for accuracy and distributes to clients timely.
* Ensures accurate compliance with payroll laws and regulations for Insperity and the client.
* Serves as active contributor to ongoing book of business meetings with key internal business partners to ensure tactical and strategy opportunities are shared and incorporated into payroll and human resources service delivery.
* Travels to client worksites to participate in client meetings, deliver training, discuss recommendations for improvement and/or answer questions to address client needs and support clients' perception of the value derived from Insperity's services. Maintains flexibility in schedule to accommodate clients' needs.
* Serves as mentor, subject matter expert and knowledge resource for Field Payroll Operations personnel.
* Supports client satisfaction indicators via quality service checks among clients and service observations performed by supervisor to ensure client satisfaction.
* Researches, gathers and analyzes client needs pertaining to payroll processing, reporting, related Insperity services and day-to-day operations for assigned clients.
* Maintains knowledge of a business' financial operation relating to payroll and accounting for middle market sized business operations from an owner/payroll contact/on-site supervisor/CPA perspective to make business decisions and gives guidance to clients.
* Identifies payroll service solutions to streamline or enhance the payroll service delivery to clients and makes recommendations for improvements to processes and policies while maintaining compliance with applicable laws and regulations applicable to payroll processing and administration.
* Supports process and audit efforts to ensure integrity and accountability for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
* Maintains knowledge in federal, state and local payroll administration laws, regulations and best practices.
* Provides customer focused interaction ensuring timely response and effective follow-up on client and/or internal requests and/or issues.
* Provides ongoing and timely communication to payroll teammates, payroll supervisor and service teams on the status of relationship with client, and alerts appropriate internal departments with information pertinent to the maintenance of the client relationship.
* Participates in testing of new payroll processes and enhancements.
* Acts as back-up to supervisor and provides project support.
* Acts as back-up for other payroll functions as assigned.
* Assists in the accomplishment of Insperity Company goals.
* Helps other employees to accomplish Insperity Company goals.
* Performs other duties as may be assigned by department supervisor.
* Participates in the Disaster Recovery plan as required.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
* Strong proficiency and experience in payroll administration and practices, and knowledge of federal, state, and local payroll laws and regulations.
* Customer service skills in a team environment
* Expertise in collaborating with multiple functional experts to ensure high quality, unified service delivery.
* Demonstrated leadership behaviors with peers and otherinternal/external constituents.
* Able to effectively interact with multiple internal and external business units.
* Strong time management, organizational and facilitation skills with experience handling multiple task/activities in an efficient and timely manner.
* Exhibits good stewardship of monetary resources.
* Understands various HR disciplines and their role and impact on business as it relates to payroll, benefits, taxation, accounting, employment documentation, employment and general HR practices.
* Demonstrates effective business communication skills to facilitate high service value and service recovery with clients.
* Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, with all levels of the organization and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment. Able to communicate to a wide audience on the technical applications of payroll as applied to business and accounting as well as with client contacts for change management in practices and processes that do not support compliance with local, state or federal law pertaining to payroll and labor practices.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and demonstrated ability to learn other application programs as needed.
* Principles, practices and procedures of general business including modern office methods, practices, procedures, and equipment, clerical methods, techniques, and filing systems
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
* Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
* Six to eight years of experience in payroll administration or related field are required.
* Minimum of two years Insperity or PEO industry payroll experience are preferred.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
* CPP Certification preferred.
OFFERING UNRIVALED BENEFITS STARTING DAY ONE!
* Competitive Compensation Package
* Generous paid time off (19 days!) for personal, vacation and sick days
* 8 Paid holidays
* Four hours/monthpaidvolunteer time off
* Employee stock purchase plan
* 401(k) plan
* And much more!