Senior Payroll Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Francisco, CA
We are seeking a bright, detailed and goal-oriented individual to join Castlight Health's Finance Team as our Sr. Payroll Specialist. This hands-on role reports to the Accounting Manager and it will be essential for the right candidate to take the lead and show initiative in researching payroll-related labor laws and tax compliance issues as they arise. Candidates should be comfortable working in an open and collaborative environment and closely partnering with the HR Team as well as other internal departments. We are looking for a self-starter with a strong work ethic and the ability to prioritize their workload.
* Semi-mo. payroll processing functions for 400+ employees across multiple US states and in Canada (currently 1 employee in Canada)
* Act as the primary point person for all employees, interpreting payroll policies and procedures and responding to all payroll-related inquiries/mail in a timely and courteous manner
* Record stock transactions in ADP payroll (RSUs, NQs, ISOs)
* Manual timesheet creation, maintenance and payroll processing
* Process adjustment manual checks - termination, severance and replacement checks
* Journal entries & balance sheet reconciliations - semi-mo. PR JEs, month-end accrual JEs, PR bank account transactions JE
* ADP administrator - maintain all aspects of ADP payroll site including validation tables, GL Interface, employee password resets, etc.
* Manage payroll reporting requests
* Process ADP amendments
* Provide audit support
* 3-5years of payroll processing and administration experience, multi-state and local tax jurisdictions
* Solid understanding of payroll concepts in regards to payroll laws, regulations and tax compliance
* General knowledge of payroll accounting and journal entries
* Proficiency in ADP (Workforce Now), Excel (intermediate skills-pivot tables, vlookups), Workday HR, Microsoft Outlook
* Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy of work
* Ability to handle sensitive/confidential data with discretion
* Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
* CPP-Certified Payroll Professional preferred