Senior Physician Billing Coding Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION- - - # Senior Physician Billing & Coding Specialist Department:
Office Of Chief Compliance BSS - - - # Description*
* Requisition ID:
* Job Title:
Senior Compliance Program Specialist
* Position Summary:
* Professional Compliance Auditor and educator expected to adhere to coding practice guidelines in accordance to the Standards of Ethical coding set forth by the American Health Information Management \(AHIMA\), attachment for production of quality healthcare data\. Professional Compliance Auditor and educator expected to perform all coding and education function proficiently, accurately and completely to facilitate the billing process and identify areas for compliance education\. Compliance educator expected to conduct outreach at all City of Hope Community Practice sites evaluating site compliance with our compliance program and conducting training and education on all required compliance program elements\.*
* Specific job responsibilities include:
* + Oversees compliance auditing and monitoring program + Initiates and performs periodic reviews of the billing/coding process + Provides coding expertise to physicians and City of Hope Medical Foundation for all compliance issues\. + Develops educational materials related to documentation, compliance and reimbursement for physicians and coding/billing staff\. + Attends meetings independently to deliver the training and materials to physicians and departments on an as needed basis\. + Conducts educational in\-services for all specialty physicians and coding/billing staff\. + Analyzes and report coding issues/questions from both a compliance and reimbursement perspective\. + Develops summary reports monthly, quarterly and annually of compliance audit findings\. + Meets with Executive, Chairs and Directors to communicate and discuss compliance program and audit findings\. + Conducts and/or oversees compliance monitoring and education visits at City of Hope Community Practices to monitor and evaluate adherence to the compliance program\. Provides education and training for Community Practice personnel as required\. Includes review of site practices with respect to patient privacy and information security, vendor relations \(e\.g\., gifts and gratuities\) and conflicts of interest\. + Prepares written report of the compliance program activities to the Compliance Officer and others as needed\. + Participates in and provide reports to the Foundation Compliance Committee on a monthly basis and as needed, including reports on the physician coding audit program and Community Practice compliance monitoring activities\. + Provides physician new hire orientation to review and discuss compliance program, code of conduct, conflicts of interest, and HIPAA plan\. + Maintains detailed understanding of regulatory requirements related to government and commercial coding practices and guidelines and provides updates and education to the City of Hope Foundation regarding these requirements\.*
* Position Qualifications
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience 5\-8 years of proven work experience as a coder and in delivering training to physicians\.*
* Required Certification/Licensure
* One or more of the following coding certifications:
+ Certified Professional Coder \(CPC\) + Certified Coding Specialist \(CCS\)*
* + ICD\-10 Certified\. + Registered Health Information Technician \(RHIT\)*
* + Knowledgeable in evaluation and management coding \(E/M\) for Hematology and Oncology related specialties\. + Excellent verbal and written communication skills + Excellent interpersonal skills with other departments\. + Ability to teach and train + Ability to interact with providers and staff at various departments and at various levels within the organization\. _About City of Hope_ City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced\.City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .