Senior Pilot Program Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY & BUSINESS AREA DESCRIPTION
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
LOCAL UNIT & POSITION DESCRIPTION
Brief Team And Position Summary
DNV GL - Energy's Sustainable Energy Use / Program Development and Implementation group is seeking a Senior Program Manager to assist the local Operations Manager with developing and managing energy efficiency programs for utility customers and utility managers. This position is based in our Okemos, Michigan office.
DNV GL s Energy Efficiency Team provides technical expertise, customer services, and financial incentives to encourage Michigan businesses to install energy efficient equipment and institute energy efficient best practices.
The Candidate We Seek:
You are an experienced project manager who wants to serve DNV GL clients by managing a team delivering multiple unique energy efficiency programs. You are solution-oriented and an excellent communicator that has a positive, can do approach to complicated issues that are encountered during program design, development, and implementation. You are knowledgeable of the commercial and industrial energy efficiency industry. You are a people manager as well as a project manager capable of managing multiple people and projects at once and never willing to sacrifice safety, quality, or integrity. You thrive in a dynamic environment and are flexible, adaptable, and eager to deliver timely results to clients despite inherent adversities. Your goal is to maintain the trust and confidence of our clients through a stellar attitude and approach to project management.
Tasks May Include
* Write and support project proposals, budget development, and defining scopes of work
* Manage the entire lifecycle of a project according to Project Management Professional processes
* Frequently communicate with clients and vendors in a clear, concise, and professional manner including educating clients regarding methods and results, presenting a professional company image to clients by email, phone, and in person, and identifying where additional services may be offered
* Managing the day to day operations for multiple programs and direct supervision of designated staff
* Oversees the technical and financial review of multiple energy efficient programs
* Manages process to collect, measure and evaluate program performance data
* Performs quality control tasks as related to the program, projects and program budget
* Understands and compares current program practices to best practices in other offices
* Stays abreast on internal policies and company business lines and services. Reports on program activities to and/or for the Operations Manager and other company wide leadership.
* Prepares recommendations for programs and program development staff
* Assists with Overseeing and/or conducting of program planning
* Contribute to continuous improvement of safety, quality, and efficiency within the Group
What We\'re Seeking
* BA or BS degree from an accredited university or college.
* Minimum of 5 Years management experience
* Energy Industry experience a plus
* Strong project management skills
* Strong negotiating skills and excellent communicator (written and spoken)
* Behavioral competencies:
* Project Management Oversight
* People Management and Development
* Customer Service Orientation
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Travel requirement 10% per year
* We conduct pre-employment background checks & drug screens
* Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position
* Technical Sales or Engineering Consulting experience a plus
* Proficiency in MS Office programs (primarily Outlook, Word, Excel, Project and Access)
* A strong passion for the energy efficiency industry
* Ability to lead, follow, and work collaboratively in groups
* Systematic, meticulous, and creative troubleshooting skills
* Curiosity, flexibility, and adaptability as issues and tasks may change quickly
* Able to identify, document, and learn from mistakes
* Ability to work independently and use sound judgment under fast-paced, high stress scenarios
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
DNV GL is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/H/V