Senior Placement Specialist - Healthcare Casualty
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Willis North America Inc.
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: SENIOR PLACEMENT SPECIALIST - HEALTHCARE CASUALTY
LOCATION: NEW YORK, NY
Willis Towers Watson (NASDAQ: WLTW ) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
CORPORATE RISK AND BROKING
We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results.
Responsible for placement of insurance programs primarily for Healthcare Casualty clients. Works with the Client Advocate or Production Team in the design of risk management programs for client, requests updated renewal information including loss runs, prepares submissions/coverage specifications, presents submissions/coverage specifications to carriers, and negotiates to secure coverage that meets client needs. Advises Client Advocate or Production Team in selecting carrier quotes that meet client needs, prepares and often presents client proposals. Binds carrier quotes and obtains binders and coverage confirmations. Maintains strong relationships with key carriers.
* Focus on large and middle market Healthcare Casualty clients
* Technical placement, underwriting or sales experience
* Provides coverage and program design advice and expertise to Client Advocate or Production Team
* Provides knowledge to Client Advocates or Producers about markets and products as they relate to classes of business
* Assists Client Advocate or Producer in client meetings as requested with respects to renewal marketing
* Obtains updated renewal information from client, Client Advocate or Producer
* Prepares submission/coverage specifications and submits proposals to carriers for quotes
* Receives quotes from carriers and negotiates for the best program for clients, provides coverage comparison
* Prepares quote proposals to present to client
* Communicates with Client Advocate or production team regarding program improvements and recommendations
* Preparation and finalization of Carrier and Client quotes & coverage confirmations to ensure contract certainty
* Assists as technical resource for younger placement brokers
* 7-10+ years industry experience within Healthcare Casualty, including professional and medical malpractice expertise
* Must have obtained insurance brokers license
* Demonstrates knowledge of core insurance principles & provide explanation to clients
* Ability to conduct research
* Deep understanding of required placement workflows
* Must demonstrate core competency of Willis Towers Watson Values & Vision
* WEM Expertise
* Self-starter/requires minimal supervision
* Will seek guidance when needed
* Solid presentation skills written and oral
* Good listener
* Strong leadership skills
* Mentoring/coaching skills
* Enhancing client service skills
* Ability to deal with difficult client situations
* Demonstrates knowledge of Insurance structures
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU*
Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k and an employee stock purchase plan as well as many other options to full time employees.
WILLIS TOWERS WATSON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO, AMONG OTHER THINGS, RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, STATUS AS A PROTECTED VETERAN, OR DISABILITY.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT WILLIS TOWERS WATSON.
Willis is an Equal Opportunity Employer who supports Diversity Minority / Female/ Disability / Veteran.