Senior Plant Human Resource Manager 8/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
This position manages, directs and coordinates the human resource policies and programs covering several of the following: labor relations, wage and salary administration, orientation and training, safety and health, benefits and employee services. This position also manages the recruitment, development and retention of employees; EEO laws and general human resources concepts.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
* Implement and manage on-going policies, programs, and procedures to foster understanding of and improvement in management, supervisory or employee relations.
* Manage situations involving policy or contract interpretation. Lead and mentor others to ensure consistent application of all such rules and policies. Develop and implement innovative solutions to personnel and/or labor relations issues affecting the plant to mitigate any legal or compliance-related risks. Maintain a positive labor/employee relations environment at the plant by counseling managers and employees on human resource policies and rules, identifying and resolving problems or recommending courses of action.
* Counsel managers and/or supervisors concerning human resource policies and procedures; review and resolve issues.
* Supervise human resource staff directly or through supervisors; plan, assign and review assignments; counsel staff; evaluate job performance and approve or recommend actions.
* Ensure administrative, management and production employee retention at the plant is maintained at an acceptable level. Use knowledge, experience, and continuous interpretation of plant dynamics to help understand and determine the training and educational needs of the production employees and administrative, management employees.
* Manage all new employee recruitment, orientation, and training, either through primary function or through performance of subordinates.
* Manage the development and ongoing execution of the plant s Affirmation Action plan to achieve AAP goals during entire employment process for all plant employees (recruitment, promotions, transition processes)
* Perform analysis and prepare statistical reports, narrative reports and communications for use in formulating goals and objectives.
* Manage employee benefit enrollments, questions, or inquiries.
* Bachelor s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in Business, Human Resources or related field, and 7 to 10 years experience; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customer or employees of organization.
* Strong reasoning and math skills.
* Knowledge of ADP and SAP HRIS; Internet software; Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, Word Processing and Power Point software; Payroll database software.
* Possess specialized knowledge of HR systems, processes and procedures.
* Bi-lingual skills preferred: Speak, read, write, address groups, individuals, conduct investigations, counseling, training, mentoring, using language other than English (as applicable to the business unit).
* Must be able to travel 5-10% of the time.
* Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
* Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the HR staff at the plant.
* Carries out managerial/supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
* Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
* Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions; work near moving parts and vibration.
* Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but could be loud if out in the manufacturing or production areas.