Senior Platform Consultant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 12/10/2016
Ameritas Investment Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We re here to help customers put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that s rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
Ameritas Investment Corp. (AIC) is seeking a Senior Platform Consultant to drive the development, implementation and ongoing management of the platform strategy of the Broker/Dealer (B/D) and Registered Investment Advisory (RIA) line of businesses as it relates to the field. This critical position will ensure our platform supports the company's strategic efforts and business initiatives.
In this role you will provide oversight and direction of the field platform strategy to increase the platform utilization including product initiatives, new account opening processes and workflows, ongoing advisory back-office service items m guiding financial advisors and AIC on best practices
To be successful in this role monitoring and analyzing the B/D and RIA industry, staying current on regulatory matters that impact the B/D and advisory platform, and leveraging enterprise resources to collaborate on advisor best practices and adoption of initiatives is a must. You will also work directly with advisors, platform managers, relationship management and practice management teams to understand advisor and practice related needs that will help prioritize product and technology requirements and participate in developing projects and plans. Some additional areas of focus include....
Strategic Vision and Execution
Develop and communicate a strategy for the B/D and RIA platform to drive the utilization of the platform, and in execution based upon a solid understanding of investment and managed solutions, advisor, competition, regulatory, and industry practice trends.
Identify and execute tactical initiatives to drive implementation and utilization of the platform.
Work closely with AIC, NF and the platform managers to provide analysis and recommendations on future state of products, services and technology enhancements.
Product Development, Initiation, Roll-out and Training
Input and presentation of ideas and business cases that are supported by strong analysis and are compelling.
Execute and drive the business with products, coaching and consulting initiatives that are aligned with AIC s business strategy.
Deliver project related components on budget and on-time.
Leads platform training and learning solutions, creating education and training materials to deliver on business needs.
Ensure that all solutions have a proper plan for deployment, support, training and communication.
External Market Focus
Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the current state and trends in the industry including regulatory changes.
Present at internal conferences, agency/advisor meetings and senior management meetings.
Use influence skills to develop strong, positive relationships across the organization.
Develop methods to acquire, package and share product and marketplace expertise.
Attend and/or present at industry conferences.
* Bachelor s degree required.
* MBA, CFP, CFA, CIMA or other advanced degree/certification preferred
* Series 7, 24, and 65 or 66 licenses, or will be obtained within the first 120 days of employment.
* 7+ years of dynamic experience in the financial services or investment advisory industry for a broker dealer/RIA with a focus on management of technology solutions, business consulting/coaching, working with financial advisors
* Encompasses a general understanding of SEC, FINRA, MSRB and ERISA regulations.
* Processes a understanding of all aspects of a brokerage and investment advisory offering, the competitive landscape of the RIA industry, and familiarity of Fidelity/National Financial products and services
* Industry knowledge of managed account providers and the leading money management firms
* Experienced with technology platform to drive innovation across broker/dealer and advisory services
* Communicates effectively, both verbally and written, and to establish productive working relationships with many different people is essential.
* Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
* Strong leadership, management and customer service skills
* Ability to work at both a detailed and a broad level, and apply strategic vision to the development of the investment platform in the investment and advisory lines of business is needed.
* Negotiating skills to provide competitive platform pricing when working with internal and external vendors.
Series-24 - General Securities Principal
Series-65 - Uniform Investment Adviser Law Exam (RA)
Series-66 - Uniform Combined State Law Exam (AG and/or RA)
Series-7 - General Securities Rep (GS)