Senior Platform Engineer, Cedar Team - Heroku
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Heroku operates the world's largest PaaS cloud, continuously delivering millions of apps with 6+ million container deployments, 5+ billion routing requests, and 10+ terabytes of application logs per day. Our vision is for developers to focus on their applications and leave operations to us.
Our team members each bring a personal area of expertise, such as containerization, networking, API development, HTTP routing, orchestration, AWS, etc, while also being versed in the entire system from a high level and responsible for its production development and operation. Within our team, engineers are comfortable moving between the technologies, from web app development to infrastructure services. If you don't know how do something, we'll make sure you have the time, mentors, and opportunity to learn.
We work in small groups who are heartfelt about our user's problems. We plan weekly, chat daily, and work closely together. Our team is a remote community with members excited to work together on challenging distributed systems problems. Equality is a core value for Salesforce; it's at the heart of everything we do and strive to be. That means Equal Opportunity, Equal Advancement and Equal Pay for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We hope you are passionate about joining our community of engineers who love to learn, work, and operate a gigantic distributed system, build and sustain a remote culture, and help grow and mentor other engineers.
* Contribute throughout the full stack, from APIs and web applications to core infrastructure services
* Develop and operate critical production applications written in Go
* Serve on the team's on-call rotation and respond to production incidents and investigations
* Contribute to architectural design discussions and technical decisions
* Ensure that we are continuously raising our standard of engineering excellence by implementing patterns for coding, testing, deploying and supporting
* Proficiency developing in: Go (golang)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with geographically distributed teams and people of various backgrounds
* Experience developing and operating highly scalable distributed systems
* Familiarity with AWS (VPC, IAM, CloudFormation, EC2) and Heroku
* Strong programming and operational experience in one of our domains. Examples include:
* For Routing: HTTP, SSL, TLS, TCP, ELB, HAProxy, or Nginx
* For Orchestration: Kubernetes (Preferred), Mesos, Swarm, or Yarn
* For Runtimes: LXC, Docker, or Linux
* For Logging: Syslog, ELK stack, Hadoop, EMR, or Splunk
* Experience transitioning from apps to services including skills in NSQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Kinesis, Microservices
* Would rather automate than operate
* Front-end experience with Ember, Node.js, and HTML5/CSS
* A good story about a problematic distributed system that you diagnosed and fixed
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas-a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes World's Most Innovative Company five years in a row and one of Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.