Senior Power Engineer - Electrical Control Systems
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are searching for a Senior Electrical Engineer.
The engineer will be responsible for the execution of major portions of complex construction and equipment installation projects to meet cost and time objectives, while maintaining high quality assurance and industry standards. The engineer will work with established project teams to assist with installation and testing of new equipment. You will also include driving equipment reliability improvements through predictive maintenance testing, analysis, and condition assessments, supporting maintenance outage planning, and providing plant personnel technical training on new and existing systems and equipment.
You will need to provide quick, professional response to assist the generating plant staff with troubleshooting operational problems on complex plant control systems as well as a variety of power generation equipment. In addition, the position will require supporting broader company emergency response work when needed, including immediate and extended electrical system restoration efforts driven by weather and other system failures. The work will consist of a mix of field and office responsibilities, with the majority of field work taking place at various plant locations.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical or other appropriate engineering field
* Substantial experience in planning, design, specification preparation, maintenance, project cost estimating, and scheduling (typically achieved after 7years' practice as a degreed engineer for the senior level)
* Technical expertise in electrical power systems in an industrial environment
* Experience leading engineering projects
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Demonstrated organization, documentation, prioritization, and project management skills
* Ability to work effectively and collaborate with a wide range of internal and external customers
* Ability to drive up to 5hours per day, walk at least 1 mile over uneven ground, and climb and descend stairs, ladders, and temporary scaffolds to access equipment
* Experience working in the power generation industry
* Experience preparing equipment specifications, performing design review and analysis of electrical systems
* Experience with Low and Medium Voltage systems
* Field engineering and troubleshootingexperience
* Technical expertise in plant control systems and instrumentation
* Broad knowledge of power industry standards and best practices
* Possession of, or ability to acquire, a Professional Engineering license.