Senior Pre - Sales Engineer - Cisco
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe senior pre-sales engineer (Sr. PSE) is a technical thought leader supporting and driving the sales of Cisco products through awareness and enablement of internal and external customers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Adopt team principles into professional activities - Build trust, show adoption and commitment to team guiding principles and values
* Take ownership of achieving a mutually satisfactory resolution for customer tickets - Follow PSE workflow, properly prioritizing customer requests - Qualify request before working on ticket (if a Cisco partner, if our customer) - Maintain an average monthly customer satisfaction rating of 80% or better
* Achieve a high level of customer satisfaction through strong inter-personal and sales skills - Competent solution-selling professional
* Ongoing effort to foster & build sales skills (including solution selling) - Strong conflict-management skills/techniques
* Ability to manage a variety of personalities, including demanding and inflexible individuals - Can competently articulate solutions/products within chosen architecture to individuals (one-on-one) as well as to small groups (approximately six or fewer people)
* Strong focused technical skillset within chosen architecture - Learn and keep abreast of product spectrum in selected architecture(s)/specialization(s) - Work in the engineering lab on technologies aligning with certification and/or architecture/specialization goals - Work on specific projects/tasks as directed by Pre-Sales Architects and/or PSE Manager
* Create new avenues for training and aiding sales engagements - Educate customers on the product/solution in question - Utilize available collateral and suggest areas of improvement/development for team collateral - Participate in the development of collateral as directed by Pre-Sales Architects and/or PSE Manager - Serve as an escalation point and mentor for Pre-Sales Engineers
* Work with sales teams (AM, BDM, iBDM & PM teams) and/or Pre-Sales Architects on driving specific strategic sales opportunities
* Be perceived across Comstor as being an invaluable team member - To the PSE team and to their local sales team
* The following table shows the expected time allocation, based on activities for this role. Deviations from these expectations should be discussed and approved by the Company's pre-sales engineering manager.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (E.G., EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE)
* Effective communicator - Understanding of and adherence to proper escalation paths and business processes - Consciously position communications within and outside of the PSE team in a positive, productive and helpful manner - Ability to present/articulate Cisco technology products/solutions to PSE team members and customers
* Collaborative - Intentionally works well with other teams within the Comstor family - Puts other people's needs first, always seeking to assist them in their effort and address their need(s) as much as possible
* Strong people skills - Ongoing personal development around inter-personal skills NORTH AMERICA, INC.
* Conflict management/resolution, negotiating, sales skills, team management, etc. - Confident, humble attitude
* Cisco certification(s) in specialized architecture(s) - Minimum required certification: CCNP - Desired certification: CCIE written - Successful candidates must have (or must obtain within 3months of hire) their CCNA-Industrial certification - Strong book knowledge and hands-on experience with the products/solutions within the IoT/industrial automation space
* Ideal candidate will have five (5) or more years of applicable experience, with varying roles supporting end-user environments and/or sales/consulting experience
* Be willing and able to travel up to 25%
* Strong Subject Matter Expert (SME) within selected architecture
* Associate or Bachelor's degreepreferred, but not required
* Commitment to PSE team mission, values and purpose
* Independently own resolution of customer needs - Driven, goal-oriented and can function independently - Understands when to escalate and reach out to other team members for assistance/guidance - Responsibly sees that a request is fully resolved, taking proactive ownership to see that it does not stall but is addressed