Senior Pricing Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTHE POSITION:
The primary purpose of this position is to support the Company's lead software license negotiators, referred to as Business Officers, and Account Executives in the mission-critical task of pricing and framing software license transactions for Pegasystems' global operations. These transactions are often multi-million dollar deals with large industry-leading companies, and involve highly complex pricing parameters. In this position, the successful candidate will research pricing-related data, assess pricing alternatives, recommend pricing structures and levels, analyze and track discounts and concessions against corporate approval requirements, provide advice on revenue recognition, and provide other deal-related support for the company's Business Officers. This position also involves assisting the Finance and Sales teams, as required, on revenue recognition and bookings calculations.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
* Support the Business Officers and the Sales Team in framing and pricing large and complex software license deals
* Provide additional revenue recognition guidance and advice to the Business Officers when structuring license transactions
* Review software license agreements as part of the internal approval process to help ensure that the pricing is accurate and that there are no revenue recognition problem
* Review closed software license deals in order to assist with the internal bookings calculations
* Help to coach others, including Account Executives, on how to effectively frame and price deals
* A rapidly growing yet well-established business
* The world's most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
* Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
* The ability to work with the Business Officers and sales teams to help impact company bookings, revenue and success
An experienced pricing analyst who understands how software licenses are structured and priced. In addition, this person is well versed in reviewing and understanding software license contracts and understands software revenue recognition. He/She has experience collaborating with sales teams, finance teams and legal teams.
QUALIFICATIONS WILL INCLUDE:
* U.S. bachelor's degree or international equivalent is required. Master's Degree or international equivalent preferred.
* 5 - 10 years' experience pricing and analyzing transactions for software licenses
* Strong understanding of software revenue recognition.
* Understanding of key technologies relevant to Pegasystems' industry