Senior Principal Civil Engineer - Substation/Transmission
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Superior Group is assisting our customer, one of the nation's largest public power and water utility, in recruiting for a Substation/Transmission Senior Principal Civil Engineer to work in the Civil Engineering Services department located in the Phoenix Metro area!
This is a direct hire, permanent position.
The individual in this position regularly provides engineering services for major organizational programs with full technical responsibility as a project/program leader or in an advanced area of technical specialty, in a technically sound, safe, timely, and cost effective manner to enable Company to realize its goals and objectives for providing water and energy related services. This individual must possess and demonstrate knowledge in: structural engineering, foundation engineering, civil codes, substation and/or transmission line design, RFPs, contracts, prefabricated metal buildings, grading and drainage, materials, material testing, material fabrication, consultants and contractors.
• Performs as an engineering project/program leader/engineer on projects/programs which are large or have many complex features.
• Prepares specifications, evaluates bids, and prepares recommendation materials for management consideration when evaluating large or complex procurements.
• Performs as a staff consultant and/or advisor in a technical specialty.
• May perform engineering design, analysis, and studies in an area of technical specialty requiring a significant knowledge of related fields.
• Provides engineering discipline leadership when administering and reviewing work performed by consultants and others.
• May prepare and/or conduct written and oral reports and presentations.
• When required/requested, serves on industry committees and task forces as a representative of Company.
• Active leadership role in promoting safety within department.
• Actively develops and trains engineers on technical, project management, and/or best practices related activities. Identifies or creates development opportunities.
• Establishes standards and facilitates Standards Change Processes in the discipline when required.
• Leads collaboration across Company.
• Represents Company in legal and regulatory matters or proceedings of technical nature when required.
• Demonstrates substantive thought leadership to further new ideas, products, services, and/or business processes to increase efficiency, effectiveness, and/or customer satisfaction.
• Demonstrates substantive leadership in organizational change management to foster the success of new business products, services, and/or business processes.
• Performs as project/program leader/engineer on projects/programs of major scope and importance.
• Plans and develops the scope, approval, and implementation of engineering projects which have an important effect on major programs of the organization.
• Performs as a staff consultant and/or advisor with respect to a technical specialty in the application of advanced concepts, principles and processes.
• Provides full technical leadership when administering and reviewing work performed by consultants, outside agencies, and others.
• When required/requested, serves in a leadership role within external organizations and represents Company’s position on issues of importance.
• Company spokesperson in communicating technical subject matter to the public when required.
Responsible for budgets, schedules, and management of resources for programs and projects of major scope. Ability to demonstrate network of internal and external contacts including customers, outside agencies, and suppliers of significant equipment and services. Occasional travel to suppliers' facilities, industry functions, and Company facilities. Ability to work effectively with various organ