Senior Principal Cloud Operations Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/13/2016
Culver City, CA
JOB DESCRIPTION* Architect level knowledge of how commodity servers, operating systems and networks function, perform and scale.
* Acts as prime consultant on large & crucial projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives.
* Possess excellent troubleshooting and problem analysis skills.
* Design systems management solutions using automation and self-repair rather than relying on alarming and human intervention.
* Act as a subject matter expert, technical point of escalation & mentor for junior/senior staff.
* Develop and design appropriate metrics to demonstrate performance at improving operational efficiency
* Drive technical innovation and efficiency in infrastructure operations via automation.
* Dive deep to resolve complex problems at their root, looking for failure patterns amenable to long-term solutions via simplification and automation
* Optimize the performance of our systems through team collaboration of hardware and software configurations.
* Create processes that enhance operational workflow and provide positive customer impact.
* Track the health of our services, identify and fix problems on complex systems with massive scale.
* Avoid re-inventing the wheel and prefer appropriately simple, repeatable solutions over more complex and failure prone ones.
* Recognize and adopt best practices in documentation, testing, security, operational support at scale, and efficient use of resources.
* Works closely with other operations staff, engineering and client services to insure EV.Cloud services are available 24 x 7.
* Provide the highest quality of technical support in identifying and resolving problems for partners, clients and internal staff in line with Company s Service Level Policy
* Customer centric communication, enables informed decision making within the team
* Develop and maintain a well-coordinated internal relationship with key decision makers and with the wider organization
* Architect level experience implementing and supporting highly available, redundant server, networking, and security solutions.
* Architect level experience implementing and supporting highly available, redundant storage systems on Isilon, 3par, NetApp, and Openstack Swift
* Expert knowledge of all RAID levels and their use cases
* Must have installed and configured servers running Windows 2008/2012, and Unix/Linux (RedHat) delivering 24 x 7 services.
* Expert level experience in Windows scripting, PowerShell, GPO, Unix/Linux, SMTP, VMware, and automation/devops technologies like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Rundeck, GitHub, Chocolately, Spacewalk, Slack, and Pagerduty.
* Expert knowledge of monitoring/alerting systems such as Solarwinds, SCOM or like systems
* Expert deploying or managing servers in large-scale, automated, geographically diverse environments.
* Expert with capacity planning, utilization review & performance monitoring.
* Expert problem solving & troubleshooting skills including ability to perform root cause analysis for preventative analysis
* Proficient with Load Balancers, Firewalls, TCP/IP, networking architecture and core technologies (DNS, HTTP, Routing, etc.)
* Experience in implementing, managing, refining disaster recovery solutions in a global heterogeneous computing environment.
* Significant experience with enterprise IaaS/SaaS environment with experience supporting Windows operating systems, MS-SQL server environments, and Exchange email environments
* Advanced experience with SQL, data analysis and manipulation skills
* Good knowledge of Ruby, Python, and Java
* Ability to work under minimal supervision
* Self-motivated with the ability to analyze issues and prioritize proactively
* Must be able to support periodic off-hours system maintenance activities
* Comprehensive verbal and written communication skills
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage a diversified workload.
* Knowledgeable in Microsoft Visio/PowerPoint to effectively document and maintain system documentation.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate & work effectively with all levels of Operations, Engineering, Client Services, and senior management.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree, applicable certification or equivalent experience required
* 10+ years experience
* Microsoft, VMware, Openstack certifications preferred.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.