Senior/Principal Data Scientist 9/13/2016
Blue Coat Systems, Inc.
San Jose, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Elastica is the leader in Data Science Powered Cloud App Security. Its CloudSOC platform empowers companies to confidently leverage cloud applications and services while staying safe, secure and compliant. A range of Elastica Security Apps deployed on the extensible CloudSOC platform deliver the full life cycle of security for SaaS and Cloud Apps.
We are looking for a highly-motivated Data Scientist to join our innovative startup. You will play a leading role in the development Elastica s cutting-edge Behavioral-Based Threat Detection technologies designed to protect enterprises against malicious cloud-application access.
- Ph.D. in a quantitative field (e.g., Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, or Operations Research) with 5+ years experience.
- Experience developing statistically-based behavioral modelling and anomaly detection algorithms.
- Experience in statistical modeling techniques including mixture modelling, HMMs, robust modeling, outlier analysis, and p-value analysis. Familiarity with Bayesian hierarchical modeling is beneficial.
- Experience in (online) optimization techniques.
- Strong mathematical intuition and algorithmic background.
- Proficient in Python and object-oriented development.
- Thrives in a team-oriented environment.
- Self-driven and motivated to deliver high-performance and high-impact algorithms.
Blue Coat Systems, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal? Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to an individual s race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, and national origin
Blue Coat Systems, Inc. prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability.