Senior Principal Financial Analyst (MBA)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY OVERVIEW
Relentlessly protect the world s information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an essential partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
Our most critical asset at Symantec is the talent we hire - you! We look for people who have a desire to excel and reflect our values: Innovation, Action, Customer-Driven, and Trust. We recognize that every opening in our company is a chance to increase Symantec's competitive advantage, and we are willing to invest in you in order to win.
Work in an environment where you make a difference and bring a fresh perspective which drives innovation.
Benefits of the program:
* VP mentor to help plan your career and provide guidance
* Peer buddy to assist in your transition to Symantec
* Lunch and Learns with C-Suite Officers to gain insights into the broader vision for the company
* Social events with MBAs to share new ideas and develop cross-functional relationships
Symantec is looking for the next generation of finance leaders. We will work with you to find the best fit within our dynamic finance organization. Your new career will begin in one of the following areas:
BUSINESS UNIT/SALES FINANCE: partner with business leadership to enhance operational and financial performance; responsibilities may include:
* Collaborate with business units to model and analyze the financial impact of business decisions
* Create financial models in support of external contract negotiations
* Collaboratively manage P&L with line management, including budgeting, forecasting, and performance measurement.
* Analyze operational and financial metrics to identify root causes of changing results
* Drive financial modeling improvements to enhance efficiency and support new initiatives
CORPORATE FP&A: aids the executive leadership team in making important decisions pertaining to the profitability and overall financial health of the company; responsibilities may include:
* Manage the total company P&L; create intra-quarter forecast presentations and quarterly close financial presentations for senior management and executive leadership
* Analyze variances in revenue and expenses to provide insights to senior leadership
* Create and maintain long term financial planning, forecasting and valuation models; perform ad hoc analysis as required for executive leadership
* Assist in developing optimal capital allocation strategies
TREASURY: Design and implement financing strategies to support the liquidity needs and capital structure of the business; responsibilities may include:
* Project and manage the company s global cash and investments
* Manage Symantec s internal investment portfolio, identify opportunities, assess fit with current portfolio, and ensure compliance with our investment objectives
* Maintain relationships with Symantec s external portfolio managers to monitor trading activity and compliance with the investment policy
* MBA in progress with strong academic performance
* Excellent analytical, decision-making, and project management skills
* Prior corporate finance experience preferred but not required
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
* Superior leadership skills and potential for advancement
* Solid understanding of accounting and financial principles
* Team player; work effectively with all colleagues
* High level of initiative; desire to analyze, track and improve processes and performance
* Must be willing to work out of our global headquarters in Mountain View, CA
* Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents only
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.