Senior Principal Internal Auditor & Investigator 8/20/2016
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Symantec Corporation Corporate Risk Assurance (CRA) is currently recruiting a Sr. Principal Internal Auditor/Investigator staff position with primary responsibilities to lead investigations for the Internal Audit team in coordination with other key partners and to assist with or leading risk assessments, internal audits, and performing a variety of other risk assurance projects as needed. This position provides the successful candidate with an ideal opportunity to help management improve its control environment and business processes. The right individual will have experience with or aptitude for performing investigations into employee and/or partner misconduct, and/or other perceived irregularities. In addition knowledge or participation in operational, financial, and compliance audits would be desired. Additionally, this role will interact regularly with Management to clearly communicate and articulate valuable insights. This position is based in Mt. View, and reports to the Vice Principal, Corporate Risk Assurance
* Actively participates in and drives Finance, Compliance and process related investigations from allegation to closure.
* Performs data analytics to identify trends, anomalies, and areas of focus for investigations and audits
* Executes audit fieldwork autonomously in accordance with the investigations, audit work programs, and makes improvement recommendations to management
* Coordinates investigation work with legal and all business process owners, regional management, and global audit teams
* Drafts clear and meaningful investigation findings, audit reports, presentations, and other materials for Sr. Management and the Board
* Builds collaborative and trusting relationships with legal, key partner organizations, management, and other cross-functional stakeholders
* At times could participate in risk assessments, scoping, and planning activities for a variety of internal audit projects and assurance activities
Required Education and Experience:
* Minimum of 5 years' experience primarily in the field of investigations, fraud examination and forensic auditing.
* Additional experience in internal audit, risk assurance, and/or other audit areas
* Minimum of Bachelor's degree, preferably with an emphasis in business, accounting, or related fields is a plus.
* Experience with broad range of investigations: FCPA, Partner, personnel, marketing funds, etc.
* Clear understanding of the investigative process from allegation to conclusion is key.
* Familiar with the IIAs professional practices framework / standards, as well as COSO's integrated framework
* Strong understanding of fundamental business processes, risks, controls, and accounting requirements (e.g., Quote to Cash, Procure to Pay, Record to Report, ect.)
* Experienced in preparing investigation reports and presentations for senior management
* Proficient in MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio, and Outlook
* Excellent written and verbal English skills, with bilingual Spanish language skills highly desirable
* Able to work cross-functionally, and across regions/geographies, to build strong interpersonal relationships across the organization
* Strong analytical skills and critical thinking abilities
* Highly detail oriented, with a strong propensity for high quality work product
* Motivated self-starter who works well individually and in teams
* Strong project management skills and able to effectively multi-task and prioritize
* Able to work closely with people at all levels of the organization, and facilitate discussions with senior management regarding audit findings and implementation of the corrective actions
* CFE is preferred (Certified Fraud Examiner certification) but one or more relevant professional certifications preferred (CIA, CFE, CPA, CISA, etc.)
* Experience with data analytics and computer assisted audit tools preferred
* Familiarity with Oracle ERP preferred
* Some travel may be required