Senior Principal Security Program Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Veritas is seeking an experienced, hands-on technical Security Program Manager to support its Products Organization and be a vital part of a world-class Engineering Team. This leadership role requires a very resourceful individual to drive highly complex security programs and initiatives across multiple disciplines within Engineering and across the entire company. The scope of responsibility primarily includes steering security initiatives aligned to Veritas end-to-end security plan and strategy.
* Partner with Product and Engineering leadership to scope, execute, and complete programs related to Information Security
* Provide security coaching and guidance to Software Development teams
* Manage planning and budgeting activities for initiatives, projects, and programs within their domain area
* Communicate vertically and horizontally across the company to keep stakeholders informed
* Develop a framework to successfully support in-depth security assessments for existing applications, technology or processes and ensure that mechanisms exist to feed results and findings back into the organization
* Design a process to perform security assessments and deliver formal assessment reports to the business. This includes working with the businesses to formally capture gaps and remedial actions
* Drive on-going process improvements and gap remediation activities as required
* Regular communication with C-Level executives across the company is expected
* A MINIMUM OF 10 YEARS TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE AS A SECURITY PROGRAM MANAGER LEADING COMPLEX BUSINESS AND TECHNICAL PROGRAMS INVOLVING VULNERABILITY ASSESSMENT, REMEDIATION PLAN DEVELOPMENT, AND OVERSIGHT
* CISSP OR CISM OR CISA OR CSSLP CERTIFICATION HIGHLY DESIRED
* FAMILIARITY WITH OWASP AND SECURE SOFTWARE DEVELOP PRINCIPLES
* STRONG UNDERSTANDING OF ENCRYPTION/HASHING ALGORITHMS AND ABILITY TO PROVIDE USE CASE GUIDANCE
* Bachelor s degree in a business or technology related field required. A Master s degree and PMP certification are desired
* Outstanding cross-functional management and leadership skills
* Proficiency in influencing and negotiation at an executive level
* Superb written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to communicate effectively with C-Level executives across Product Development, IT, Legal & Marketing
* Strong bias for action and an intrinsic ability to deal with ambiguity
* Highly flexible and adaptive; able to multi-thread across a number of simultaneous projects
* Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
* Experience in software/system design and development methodologies, including Agile
* Ability to travel up to 20%, usually with advance planning.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.