Success Manager - Director (Media & Communications)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Senior Manager-Media & Communications
The Customer Success Manager is responsible for ensuring the success of a portfolio of Salesforce's enterprise customers. The Success Manager will bring Salesforce's best ideas, innovations, and capabilities to customers and match these to the customers' business goals, driving greater business value and executive alignment between Salesforce and the customer. As a Success Manager, you will be a trusted advisor to our largest customers, orchestrating our success services and providing best practice in areas such as Adoption, Business Metrics and Feature Usage. The end result is increased customer satisfaction, retention and expansion of salesforce's footprint.
* As Success Manager, you own ultimate responsibility for the customer's renewal and for expansion of the platform. You promote maximum value from their investment in Salesforce, aiming for full utilization of their licenses, identify new opportunities, and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment and increased footprint.
* Coach customers to ensure they are leveraging all available Salesforce Success Services such as Help & Training, Communities, User Groups, webinars etc.
* Orchestrate other (paid for) Success Services such Program Architects, Strategic Services, Accelerators, etc.
* Working within an account team matrix, lead C-level stakeholders towards identifying their vision by evangelizing the capabilities of Salesforce.com across CRM domains (Sales, Marketing, Service)
* Where appropriate, partner with the customer to establish a transformational Business Roadmap/Blueprint to ensure achievement of business goals.
* Effectively network within accounts from the C-Level down in order to achieve successful execution of the customer's Blueprint, where appropriate.
* Develop a comprehensive understanding of typical business challenges faced by customers and common objectives to appropriately map Salesforce.com features and associated business benefits to address their needs.
* Play a fundamental part in coaching customers to establish and manage their Change Management/Governance/Centre of Excellence programs.
* Identify risks to the customer achieving their stated business goals and work with the virtual team to build a risk mitigation plan.
* Serve as a customer advocate in driving industry best practices and the evolution of Salesforce.com product and platform functionality, courses and administrative services integral to the customer's success.
* Develop and maintain long-term relationships with stakeholders in your account portfolio, where appropriate, by networking between customers, partners, and salesforce.com.
* Contribute thought leadership and best practice, both internally and externally, around business transformation.
* Deliver successful customers to the contract renewal cycle and, where necessary, support the renewals process to minimize customer attrition.
* As part of building your personal brand you will be given the opportunity to;
-- Partner with customers in developing their strategic direction
-- Build and maintain both global and local relationships internally and with customers
-- Work in a highly collaborative and passionate team environment.
-- Contribute to global and local initiatives
-- Develop deep technical and/or strategic advisory skills in an organization that is very supportive of personal development
* BA/BS degree, MSc preffered
* Minimum 10 years relevant work experience
* Executive-level communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively navigate and mediate conflict and foster honest dialog
* Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
* Strong knowledge of business processes (Sales, Marketing, Service, Support), business applications and automation
- Experience working in the media/communications industry
* Experience with account portfolio planning and prioritization
* Credible and effective C-level advisor and coach, especially around change management (cultural, technical and business)
* Knowledge of salesforce.com product and platform features, capabilities, and best use
* CRM or IT experience and knowledge of salesforce.com competitive landscape and technical ecosystem
* Proven effectiveness at leading and facilitating executive meetings and workshops
* Familiarity with the database, application and network technologies used in Cloud Computing (e.g. knowledge of network topologies and devices, database concepts and SQL, multi-tenancy)
* Working knowledge of software development process and of software
* Flexibility for travel
- "Big 5" consulting experience preferred
* Highly beneficial to have any Salesforce.com product certifications prior to joining. It is expected that you will gain the following certifications as part of the role requirement and onboarding process in the first 6 months:
-- SFDC Certified Administrator
-- SFDC Certified Advanced Administrator
-- Salesforce Developer
-- Sales or Service Cloud Consultant Certification
-- All required Salesforce University Certifications eg. Salesforce1
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.