Senior Process Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
OpEx Edge LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONSENIOR PROCESS ENGINEER JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY
The senior process engineer will Monitor and optimize food production processes, investigate process discrepancies, propose and test potential solutions. Implement resolutions to improve and refine existing and new processes in a production environment in line with the business strategy, in order to enable company to use/commercialize the processes.
Define, prepare, lead and execute projects/programs as well as create support for project objectives in the organization in line with requirements and business needs and conform project management guidelines, in order to deliver project according to objectives and deliverables and realize business objectives in a structural way
* Production Support: Support operations with the production of existing and new products. Interact with production personnel to troubleshoot and optimize processes to meet quality standards, and plant throughput goals
* Process/Production Experiments: (With the assistance of Sr. colleagues) Set up, plan, execute and analyze experiments, and reports results, taking into account possible risks to production
* Relation with management: Build and maintain a network of relevant internal and external relations, stakeholders, partners and customers, especially operations and R&D
* Process Scale-up support: Support scale-up and implementation of new processes in operational environment, according to all applicable guidelines
* Lead Continuous Improvement Initiatives: Use of Lean 6-Sigma approach and techniques to identify and execute continuous improvement initiatives in our manufacturing operations
* Project initiation & orientation: Identify and collect ideas, business requirements and needs, define the scope of the project, determine the feasibility by building a business case and define project objectives within agreed project management guidelines
* Project design & plan: Formulate the project plan (including resourcing, planning, risk mitigation, quality control and organizational requirements), determine budget and acquire approval, in line with project objectives
* Project preparation & execution: Execute project, coordinate the activities of the project team members, monitor progress of project and compliance with the project plan, manage and mitigate project risks and resources, create risk awareness amongst stakeholders, manage stage-gates and adjust project plan when necessary
* Project closure & implementation: Deliver the project in line with project objectives, budget and planning, discuss project results with business, hand over project to line management when necessary and evaluate the project with all involved stakeholders
* Stakeholder Management: Create support for complete project approach (objectives, planning etc), update and consult relevant stakeholders regularly, manager expectations of relevant stakeholders during execution, involve stakeholders in decision making and build and maintain a network of relevant stakeholders
* Supplier Management: Assess and select suppliers, possible partners and other relevant organizations, based on agreed project requirements and build and maintain relationships with them
* Reports: Ensure periodical project management reporting, quantitative and qualitative, according to defined formats and project management guidelines
Methods and techniques: Keep up with relevant project management methods and techniques and optimize the implementation of and support for these methods and techniques at Company
Team/people Management: Functionally lead, coach, develop members of the own project team, and give input for appraisal
Program management: Initiate, define, manage and monitor the progress, alignment, quality and continuity of various multidisciplinary projects
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's with 6 - 10 years' experience or Masters with 4 - 6 years' experience (Degree in Chemical engineering. Food manufacturing)
* Stakeholder Management: Manages the relation with a few (group of) stakeholders on operational level
* Project complexity and risk: Participate in well defined, medium complex projects with low risk and using given techniques
* Project scope: Leads mono-disciplinary involving a limited amount of parties (2^2) and reports to PMT/OT
* Autonomy: Autonomously executes project activities within given scope, supported by senior colleagues
* Coaching: Does not coach
* Project budget indication: 100, and $500,
JOB REQUIREMENTS FOR SENIOR PROCESS ENGINEER
* Evaluate, implement and monitor processes and operating systems for the manufacture of hydrolysates.
* Project management
* Follow and adhere to all company safety policies
* Lean Six Sigma methodologies
* Data processing.
* Create/edit / maintain necessary documentation.
* Monitor and improve the efficiency, output and safety of manufacturing processes through observations and measurements as well as by collecting and interpreting data from other technical and operating personnel.
* Work closely with other specialists (including scientists).
* All other duties, as assigned.
* May work at high altitude (scaffolding, silos and towers)
* Temperature extremes may be present, both inside and outside work required
* Will stand or sit for long periods of time
* May need to work alternate shift schedules as necessary
* May spend considerable amount of time compiling data at a computer
* May be required to work during weekend hours if projects require
*** Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) ***
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
7+ to 10 years experience
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Industry: Manufacturing & Production
Job Category: Engineering - Chemical
Hours Per Week: 40
Visa Candidate Considered: Yes
Job Type: Full-time
* Manufacturing: 8 years
* Food Manufacturing: 3 years
Required license or certification:
* Lean Six Sigma Black Belt