Senior Process Engineer - (Horsham, PA, Atlanta, GA or Costa Mesa, CA)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 1/13/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONQSI/NextGen Healthcare has a legacy of building software that improves patient care and reduces healthcare costs. Now, we re bringing the best of the cloud, social media and mobile to healthcare. Come build the future with us! Please visit our website at: www.nextgen.com .
Senior Process Engineer (Horsham, PA, Atlanta, GA or Costa Mesa, CA)
The Senior Process Engineer (SPE) works horizontally across a project's leadership team to communicate the details of and to integrate the project's Quality Management (QM) plan into all work and all teams. He/she will describe how the QM plan affects each specific project function and will ensure buy-in across the project. The SPE will work with the Requirement Analyst team to ensure several activities occur; these will include requirement standards are defined & used, requirement artifact templates are used & compliant with NextGen standards and that cross-functional peer review are planned, are executed and findings addressed before the requirements baseline is finalized. Similar actions will be performed with the software engineering team (design reviews, code reviews) and the QA/test team (test planning, traceability, etc.).
* The SPE will work as an integral member of the project team
* Works across every team (RE, Engr, Test, Doc., Proj./Pgm. Mgr, Etc.)
* Develops and implements a project QM plan that is tailored for the project, has tentacles into every project team. Collaborates to produce these plans , track their implementation/execution and report progress.
* Periodically issue Quality status reports identifying project status with respect to quality, including quality metrics, identify quality shortfalls and remediation recommendations and plans to address any shortfalls in a collaborative manner across the project's leadership team.
* A minimum of 8 Years of experience in software engineering, process excellence, continuous improvement activity
* Knowledge of the software development project (product) lifecycle, thorough understanding of expected deliverables and project accomplishments across the various phases of a project
* Experience and knowledge in various project methodologies, waterfall, scrum, agile, kanban
* Experience in mentoring/leading other members of a project team
* Knowledge of continuous improvement methods, lean six sigma (or equivalent) training or certification
* Excellent interpersonal skills, solid verbal & written communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to produce executive level reports that are summarized and consumable by leaders at various levels
* Demonstrated ability to influence leaders at all levels within an enterprise.
* BS/BA in Computer Science, engineering, process quality excellence or a similar discipline
* Training or certification in lean six sigma, quality or similar
* Project auditing experience/training
* Solid technical skills, MS Office tools
* Ability to process detailed information, synthesize results and apply analytical skills in order to advance the quality position within a project team
* Leadership & communication
* Ability to multi-task and work across multiple projects as needed
* Ability to train others in QM standards, metrics production & gathering
* Knowledge of analysis tools for gathering metrics and analyzing data
* Experience as an auditor, or QM lead within an organization
* Proven experience in producing QM reports, identifying quality shortfalls and improvement needs
* Planning skills, able to define project milestones and to align these with the QM plans and goals
* HealthCare and/or NextGen industry experience & knowledge
* Experience with software development process standards, e.g. ISO, CMMI, FDA etc.
* MS, MBA or equivalent with emphasis in Computer Science, engineering, quality or related field
* PMP, ASQ or similar certification
* Management experience
QSI/NextGen believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer supporting Diversity, Disabled, and Protected Veterans. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because QSI/NextGen believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct background checks as part of our hiring processes.