Senior Process Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Carl Zeiss Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY To strengthen our Team in the Pleasanton, we are seeking a
SENIOR PROCESS ENGINEER
* Detailed responsibilities for this position include the following:
* 1. Maintain and improve production processes:
* a. Optimize existing production processes, including yield improvement
* b. Document existing production processes
* c. Develop new and improved production processes and products perform new product introduction/transition from R& D into production.
* d. Work with vendors to improve / outsources processes.
* 2. Meet all production goals:
* a. Support production tools (Help keep them available for production work);
* b. Support production staff (operators, technicians) to meet production goals.
* 3. Actively support all productivity and quality programs:
* a. Independently or with supervisor, review and analyze process metrics, such as yield, cycle time, and use of resources to make the processes and production environment more efficient;
* b. Coordinate with other teams, such as R&D, engineering, or manufacturing to execute changes in the optics products that support the company s overall goals;
* Must have hands-on experience developing and maintaining processes for low to medium volume manufacturing of products such as MEMS devices.
* Should have some familiarity with processes such as; resist coating, anisotropic wet etch, dry etch, metal plating optical lithography, e-beam lithography, PVD (e-beam evaporation preferred), water cleaning, polishing process, gluing process.
* Should have some materials science background with the ability to understand new materials systems evaluate parameters such as stress, adhesion, chemical compatibility.
* Must have hands-on experience with semiconductor metrology tools such as profilometer, Nanospec, AFM, SEM, EDS.
* Should be able to work well with diverse teams and lead teams at the project level. Experience with lean manufacturing is also useful.
* Able to organize work in a dynamic environment. Should have a demonstrated ability to critically analyze problems.
* Knowledge of analytical and data modeling tools, such as advanced Excel skills or knowledge in languages such as Matlab or Python.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to produce timely reports and keep detailed logbooks or notebooks.
* Experience with Optics designs and processes (visible light and x-ray) is preferred.
With just under 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for over 165 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page, indicating your earliest possible entry date.
Carl Zeiss X-Ray Microscopy, Inc.
We are an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer.