Senior Process/Facilities Engineer - Christiansburg, VA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCorporate Overview:
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2015 revenues of $3.4 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Located in Christiansburg, VA, in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, Hubbell Lighting (Group within Hubbell Incorporated ) operates a modern 330,000 square foot manufacturing facility with 325+ dedicated employees. Operations consist of light fixture and pole manufacturing, with the vertical integration of sheet metal fabrication, welding, powder painting, anodizing and assembly operations. These in-house capabilities maximize Hubbell's ability to control quality and provide special services to its customers.
Hubbell Lighting in Christiansburg has experienced substantial growth and is considered a center of excellence in the lighting group. We hire employees that share our passion for excellence and demonstrate a desire to professionally grow with the organization.
The Senior Process/Facilities Engineer will apply technical knowledge, manufacturing experience and creative thinking for the development of manufacturing processes and facility capabilities. The engineer will lead employees and projects from concept to integration in a collaborative and cross functional environment.
* Work closely with engineering and maintenance staff providing leadership and directing others to reach performance objectives.
* Works closely with internal Hubbell resources as well as outside consultants to continually assess the EH&S risks associated with plant operations.
* Develops and integrates EH&S training and communications.
* Direct concurrent engineering projects from both a technical and project management aspect for capital projects while ensuring their success in meeting their respective objectives.
* Analyze plant data to develop facility improvement plans with the objective to improve reliability and repeatability of processes. Deploy systems that continually improve reliability of plant and equipment.
* Understand critical drivers to improve plant safety, quality, service and cost and provide leadership to collaborative, cross functional teams as they strive for improvements.
* Utilize qualitative and quantitative methods and analysis to identify, understand and control the critical few factors effecting key problems.
* Lead the troubleshooting of plant equipment and facility systems.
* Maintenance of mechanical presses, CNC equipment, Wash/Paint/Cure machinery, welding, robotics, assembly and material handling systems.
* Design, maintain and energy management of building and building systems including HVAC, electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, chemical systems.
* Regulatory requirements for EPA, OSHA, building codes.
* Creating and understanding of related systems drawings, with CAD and data files.
* Project Management aspects including scope definition, scope adherence, stakeholder concurrence, budgeting, scheduling, risk management, procurement and installation support, including coordinating the activities of contract engineers and trade contractors during system modifications/additions.
* Create compelling written and oral presentations as this position will communicate at all levels within the company and interface with external contractors and regulatory agents.
* Develop, maintain and provide access to standard operating procedures and other procedures for installed systems.
* BS degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial engineering discipline.
* Minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible facilities development, project management, supervision, and/or maintenance activities.
* Demonstrated leadership in managing maintenance and engineering work groups.
* Able to interpret all types of industrial schematics and demonstrate electrical troubleshooting, automation and PLC diagnostics.
* Proficiency in CAD, preferably AutoCAD & Solid Edge.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, utilizing MS office as a platform.
* Excellent organization and time management skills
* Metal forming and high speed stamping skills preferred
* Practitioner of root cause failure analysis methods preferred
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.