Senior Procurement Specialist 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE: SENIOR PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST
LOCATION: HOPKINTON, MA-01748
DURATION: 4 MONTHS CONTRACT
* This role is expected to draw upon a depth of knowledge and experience in order to contribute in a complex/critical environment while managing a group of indirect category(s), ex: real estate, marketing material, supplies, software, etc, developing strategic business relationships with external suppliers and other internal key stakeholders, leading contract negotiations, driving cost savings initiatives, and implementing strategic sourcing best practices. In country this position will be responsible for addressing day to day operational issues.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for developing and maintaining contact with key suppliers.
* Develop supplier scorecards and conduct quarterly business reviews.
* Maintain, evaluate, and expand reliable suppliers to effectively achieve cost, availability, and strong supplier management relationships.
* Identify new suppliers as necessary and determine the optimal set of providers for goods and services.
* Conduct activities with broad application of Procurement principles, theories, and concepts.
* Able to analyze, understand, and manage data.
* Use judgment within defined policies and practices when faced with a diverse range of complex problems.
* Keep informed of key industry and market information including category specific trends, market conditions, and best in class suppliers.
* Employ basic Six Sigma tools when examining or re-engineering processes and procedures.
* Develop working knowledge of other related fields in order to better support the Procurement organization.
* Demonstrate knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and ability to utilize e-Procurement tools such as electronic auctions and supplier portals.
* Represents the Procurement organization on projects or programs and may perform in project leadership role.
* In country this position will be responsible for addressing day to day operational issues with all levels of country management including: raising purchase orders, sending purchase order to suppliers, checking requisitions and purchase order status in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, correcting purchase orders, and solving issues related to purchase order payment.
* The ability to collaborate with Client's Accounts Payable department and the tactical procurement support team is critical.
* Proven collaboration and interpersonal skills required to build, support, and participate in cross functional or global category teams.
* Interact with and influence various internal groups concerning technical matters and recommend possible solutions to problems.
* Work independently or with minimal supervision and possess a high level of creativity.
* The Senior Procurement Specialist will manage corporate indirect spend within their category or regional area(s).
* The incumbent must demonstrate expert financial and business acumen including the ability to build and understand financial models and balance sheets.
* KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES include presenting recommendations to leadership, negotiating agreements, partnering with the business to understand sourcing needs and to establish and drive cost savings targets, managing Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and metrics, ensuring that Client receives best in class pricing for like goods and services, leveraging terms, conditions, and volumes where appropriate, managing and evaluating a portfolio of suppliers, applying technical procurement knowledge such as clean sheet costing and RFX's, preparing weekly reports outlining major activities, and supporting and maintaining Client's supply database.
* Interface with and influence senior level management within Client.
* Articulate and present a strong comprehension of financial acumen, including the ability to produce financial models.
* Understand and communicate cost saving plans and recommendations to the business leaders as well as various internal Client organizations (ex. Finance and Human Resources).
* Formulate and execute global strategies for short and long range goals.
* Negotiate, manage, and review contractual arrangements while ensuring compliance at local and regional levels.
* Consult with legal counsel to mitigate Client risk.
* Travel may be required.
* Communication skills.
* Presentation skills.
* Negotiation skills.
* Ability to analyze information and draw accurate conclusions.
* Interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work independently.
* Ability to work effectively with senior management.
* Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
* Possesses operational command of the business.
* Bachelors (Non -Technical)