Senior Product Designer 8/25/2016
Benton Harbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2015. The company markets _Whirlpool_, _KitchenAid, Maytag_,_ Consul, Brastemp, Amana_, _Bauknecht_, _Jenn-Air_, _Indesit_ and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. We earn the trust of consumers around the globe by focusing on what matter most. Because of our leadership practices, development opportunities, business performance, strong reputation and a commitment to the communities where we live and work, Whirlpool Corporation has received many awards including - Fortune Magazine's Top Companies for Leaders, one of the world's Most Admired Companies, Fast Company's Top 50 Most Innovative Companies and we've had a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index for over 11years in a row.
This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan - a breathtaking vacation community on 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant. The company is host to a variety of employee resource groups, including a Young Professionals Network - a group of more than 700 local members who are active in corporate social responsibility commitments like Habitat for Humanity, Cook for the Cure, United Way, Boys and Girls Club, and other social activities. A quick 90-minute drive from Chicago, Southwest Michigan is also home to a new Jack Nicklaus signature golf course called Harbor Shores, 17 other public golf courses, nearly 20 wineries, two art districts, many seasonal festivals, outdoor concerts and events all year long. Join us in making the most of moments that matter.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a SENIOR PRODUCT DESIGNER opening to join our organization.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Lead Product development by using Creo CAD Tools.
* Apply basic project design principle and objectives in the selection of design approaches.
* Develop Plastic components / Modules & Products and govern Master assemblies.
* Lead Change Management Process using Product Life Cycle Management Process.
* Trade-off between resources management and project deliverable.
* Prepare Detailed Manufacturing Drawings with application of Geometric Tolerances and ASME / ISO std.
* Provide planning input for design engineering and development activities
* Facilitate Proto-Typing Engineering Builts and Validation Process.
* Supporting activities- Apply DFM/DFA [ Design of Manufacturing / Design for Assembly] concepts in developing designs
* Participate in design review activities and contribute to FEA
* Establish component tolerances in accordance with manufacturing capabilities
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
* Bachelors of Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering or Engineering plus 5+ years experience or a minimum of an AssociateDegree and 10+ year's experience.
* Experience using PTC CREO PARAMETRICrequired
* Experience using PTC WINDCHILL PRODUCT LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT (PLM)
* GD Higher level of Skill level in Excel
* Strong in Injection molding component Design
* Exposure to Virtual simulation Thermal / Structural is a Plus. Like Pro Mechanica / Mechanism, Ansys, HyperMesh, Dyna.
* Exposure to CETOL is Plus