Senior Product Developer, Golf Apparel
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
We want to be the fastest sports brand in the world. Thinking fast. Acting fast. But nevertheless sustainable. This mission statement is mirrored not only by our new brand promise, Forever Faster, but also by our guiding principle for the entire company. To achieve our objectives, we require individuals that do not merely break the rules, but change the game. Sounds like you* Then contact us and become a Gamechanger.
Would you like working in a fast pace and multicultural environment* Then PUMA is the right place to be! Become a member of our successful Golf Apparel team based in Carlsbad, CA.
We are currently looking for a Senior Product Developer.
The position directly reports to the Team Head, Golf Development based in our Hong Kong office, with day to day reporting to the Global Head, Golf Apparel based out of Carlsbad. Responsible for the creation and development process for Cobra Puma Golf apparel including: bill of materials, sample products, fabric selection, approval of prototypes, and checking quality of fabrics and garments. The Product Developer is accountable for liaising with World Cat product developers overseas, and ownership of approvals and processes of fabric and quality of garment s produced by suppliers for current and future products toward the commercialized end golf apparel.
* Partner closely with Design, Tech Design and Product Line Management in the seasonal line build.
* Participate and represent Development throughout the design and development process.
* Coordinate and research all phases of the development process beginning with fabric & trim selection/development, following through to the sealed tech pack for bulk production.
* Review all prototypes for correct fabric/trim/print details & overall workmanship.
* Analyze and effectively report product quality and including fabric, color and fit.
* Analyze costing and ensure costs are meeting required targets.
* Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of garment bill of materials and product database, based on R&D time and action calendar.
* Actively participate in product meetings & fit sessions identifying key issues in regard to pricing, garment details & workmanship.
* Provide solutions that will allow the vendor to proceed to next stage of development, in a timely manner.
* Manage wear test program.
* Manage freelance technical designer.
* Effectively communicate across Design, Merchandising & Sourcing.
* Research the market for innovation & newness in materials & technologies to further grow & better the apparel collection.
* Lead on-site development trips.
* Travel internationally for up to two weeks at a time, some domestic travel is also required
* Represent the brand and utilize the PUMA 4Keys (Fair, Honest, Positive, Creative) in all decisions, actions, processes and practices.
* Bachelor's Degree in related field along with at least 5-7 years experience in an apparel
development/technical design based position preferably with Golf products.
* Credible experience applying apparel construction techniques, development costing, and overall manufacturing processes.
* Knowledge of performance fabrics & various printing techniques
* Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects/seasons at various stages of the development process at the same time.
* Proven ability to meet required deadlines in a fast paced environment.
* Strong written/verbal communication skills
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment with a solution oriented approach.
* Ability to use Lotus Notes/Microsoft Office/Adobe Illustrator/PRM applications.
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
For additional information please email: Recruiter-Carlsbad@puma.com.
Start Date: 2016-10-14
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.