Senior Product Manager, Desktop 8/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Imaging team greater document flexibility for more personal productivity. We are passionate about designing and building secure technology that empowers companies to gain control of their document management processes and ensure their proprietary and customer information is protected.
The Senior Product Manager, Desktop will report to the Vice President of Product Management for Nuance Document Imaging. This position is responsible for managing the product roadmap and go to market strategies for our PDF line in consumer, small business and OEM channels. It requires close interaction internally with engineering, product management, account management, customer care and others and externally with customers and partners. An understanding of customer workflows and pain points to identify both new product opportunities and also refinements to the existing product line is required.
Qualified candidates will have a passionate understanding of product, competitors and workflow alternatives in the areas in which Nuance Document Imaging competes and a commitment to customer satisfaction, including being able to articulate what a customer sometimes cannot describe effectively or what a customer may not recognize as a future need.
* Conduct market and customer research to gather insight and understand personas and needs
* Gather competitive intelligence and perform competitive analysis
* Develop and manage market requirements for the PDF solutions to address the needs of the consumer, corporate and OEM target buyers
* Write and present the business case for products
* Create, document and communicate about products and product roadmaps
* Document product requirements, user stories and artifacts to support the product development process
* Lead projects that involve cross-functional coordination to provide integrated products/services/solutions.
* Provide direction to the product development team and oversee product development
* Coordinate activities to ensure that new offerings include the desired capabilities and launches on time and within budget
* Create pricing models and facilitate pricing decisions, or work with a central pricing team if one exists
* Provide direction to external vendors/external development organizations and oversee deliverables are met based upon scope and acceptance criteria
* Provide support to sales (e.g. make prospect/customer calls, provide sales enablement content, contribute to internal and external social communities/blogs/portals)
* Verify completion of the product and the readiness of other elements related to the product
* Monitor and report on the performance of products in the market
* Serve as the internal and external product expert.
* Assist in managing and resolving customer escalations as needed
Number of Years of Work Experience: 5+
* Extensive experience in desktop software products and deployment methods
* Experience with product launches, operational and product development metrics
* Expert knowledge of the PDF file format and related applications
* Expert knowledge of the Microsoft Operating Systems and Office applications
* Working knowledge of mobile devices especially tablet computing platforms
* Good analytical and creative problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of software/hardware interactions
* Good communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Team player with strong negotiation & diplomacy skills
* Certification in Agile, Pragmatic Marketing or SiriusDecisions is a plus
* Experience working with MFP hardware desirable but not required
* IT experience a plus
Education: Bachelor s degree in Marketing, Business or Engineering
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.