Senior Product Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION_What Product or Services Marketing contributes to Cardinal Health_
Product or Services Marketing is responsible for defining the product/service market strategy and life cycle management including customer need identification, market research, product or service offering, pricing, positioning, promotion, and branding.
* Exhibits an ability to translate market and customer needs into clearly defined goals, objectives, strategies, and tactics to drive sales & profitability for the business. Accountable for gaining and driving cross functional support from all stakeholders.
* Identifies and remains current on market trends. Determines product/service lifecycle implications and makes recommendations to maintain market competitiveness and to achieve sustainable economic success.
* Understands methods available to execute primary research (VOC) that are necessary to drive portfolio/ product decisions. Can identify market opportunities through research and takes action by implementing and managing solutions that meet customer needs.
* Demonstrates solid knowledge of marketing disciplines and concepts necessary for building a business & identifying the appropriate channels to market. Has the ability to understand market trends and competitive strategies and positioning.
* Demonstrates strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general business environment.
Manage the product life cycle of a product line or a portfolio of product lines from discovery and innovation, to new product planning, new product introduction, post-launch product management, and product retirement.* Manage the global revenue/profit for product lines within a product portfolio.
* Develop the global product strategy for the product line(s), working with both Regional and Channel Marketing leaders.
* Demonstrate advanced knowledge of marketing and product management disciplines necessary for building business plans, product plans, and marketing plans.
* Utilize market trends, customer needs, and competitive positioning to develop preferred product offerings for targeted segments and channels.
* Understand methods available to execute primary research that are necessary to drive product line/portfolio decisions.
* Can identify market opportunities through primary and secondary market research and take action by implementing and managing solutions that meet customer needs.
* Identify and remain current on market trends. Determine product lifecycle implications and make decisions to drive market competitiveness and to achieve sustainable economic success.
* Translate market and customer needs across multiple regions and channels into clearly defined product requirements and product line strategy.
* Ensure that all promotional, launch, and marketing activities align with the overall portfolio strategy and facilitate proper communication and collaboration with all applicable marketing resources across regions and channels.
* Demonstrate strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general business environment. Understand and demonstrate sound thought processes as it relates to business cases, investment requests, forecasting, pricing, deal structures, and assessing strategic options.
* Strong ability to influence and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including R&D, sourcing, manufacturing, enterprise marketing, enterprise contracting, strategic pricing, customer service, DMG, finance, quality, regulatory, legal, inventory, regional and channel teams, and others. Serve as an effective and inspirational leader to the product management team and cross-functional teams supporting product management.
* Take informed risk and be biased toward action.
* Bachelor's degree in related field, MBA preferred
* 10+ years' experience in Global Product Management
* Technical undergraduate degree a plus
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.