Senior Product Manager - ESS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Position: Senior Product Manager
Division: Hand Tools & Storage | Engineered Storage Solutions
Location: Westerville, Ohio
Who is Stanley Black & Decker*
We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Vidmar. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we ll keep making it work.
Within the Hand Tools & Storage division of Stanley Black & Decker we are currently looking for a Senior Product Manager to support the Engineered Storage Solutions category. In this role, you ll support the Vice President of Product Management in the creation and maintenance of major product lines in multiple retail, commercial and industrial settings.
The Senior Product Manager will evaluate and develop the product line total sales and product positioning and will be responsible for managing the annual marketing budget and the profit and loss of the product line. This position requires strong project management skills and the ability to effectively work with others across the organization including: product managers, brand marketing, IT, engineering and customer service. Ideal candidates should be self-motivated individuals with a strong work ethic that have experience with managing the complete life cycle of products, conducting market research, and a strong financial acumen.
* Identify and develop new product and market opportunities
* Manage the complete product lifecycle process, alongside the Vice President of Product Management from concept to delivery.
* Closely collaborate, work and lead cross-department teams and business groups, such as engineering, manufacturing and finance to drive and develop new products that meet company objectives together with the Global Product Manager.
* Work in tandem with the brand marketing and channel teams to develop product launch programs and sales promotion programs.
* Develop and implement relevant marketing collateral, point-of-purchase displays, advertising materials and web content to promote your managed product portfolio.
* Conduct end-user and competitive market research to determine pricing, margin and profitability targets.
* Develop and execute comprehensive short and long term strategic plans for a profitable retail and industrial product portfolio.
* Maintain an awareness of trends in the industry and related industries and develop a deep understanding of the end users of their product line to incorporate these insights into successful new product launches.
* Provide product training to customers and consumers.
* BS or BA in Marketing, Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, or related field required.
* 5 years experience of product management experience.
* Ability to work effectively across functions and lead teams.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Demonstrated problem solving, research, and analytical skills.
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Experience using various computer applications including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other applications in the Microsoft Office Suite.
* Must have a can-do attitude the desire to go above and beyond in all you do!
* Consumer Products Experience
* Experience working directly with retailers or other large customers
* Experience working for a large global company
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.