Senior Product Manager - Endoscopy Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRIMARY LOCATION: US-MA-Marlborough
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: (n/a)
REQUISITION ID: 285168
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In the Endoscopy division, we provide advance technologies for diagnosing and treating diseases of the digestive system, airway and lungs. Medical Conditions we provide solutions for include: Malignant & Benign Tumors, Gastrointestinal Diseases, Pulmonary Diseases, Gastrointestinal Cancers and Abscesses. We are able to provide a number of solutions to patients that include: Balloon Dilation, Stenting, ERCP/Cholangioscopy, Biliary, Biopsy and Polypectomy, Hemostasis, Radio Frequency Ablation and Enteral Feeding. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make an investment in Endoscopy treatments.
The Senior Global Product Manager is the primary owner of the Pulmonary Lung Cancer franchise and will manage and advocate for the franchise to ensure that revenue and gross margin objectives are met. The Sr. PM plays a key role in setting the franchise vision and strategy based on their expert knowledge of market, competition and global clinical trends. The Sr. PM will independently lead all aspects of market and customer sensing, product development and commercialization. This person is an experienced marketer and demonstrates strength in general franchise management, operates independently, requiring minimal supervision developing and executing key franchise strategies.
This position provides the opportunity to drive the development and commercialization of a novel technology within a fast growing, high priority franchise. It is predominantly upstream focused with some downstream work, and this person should have the interest and aptitude to define the opportunity for Pulmonary in adjacent market spaces - from market sizing to make vs buy decisions to eventual commercialization.
THIS ROLE WILL PLACE A HEAVY EMPHASIS ON:
- Strategy and market development of new technology both domestically and internationally
- Upstream activities of a new, novel technology
- Management of an existing global business (downstream and sustaining)
- Relationship Building with KOLs and key internal and external stakeholders
- Clinical Acumen/Strategy
Develop Market and Customer Insights
- Develops commercialization plans. Influences globally through the PM team, sales training, R&D, MarComm. Leverages best practices for successful product launch. Provides ongoing support to the sales including education, resources & collateral.
- Strong collaboration with Global Marketing Team to execute franchise strategies and tactics globally, and influence their downstream launch plans to maximize revenue
- Identifies opportunities for Global Market Development and independently executes tactics, leveraging cross-functional teams to achieve team goals: Sales, MDM, HE&R, Finance, R&D, Regulatory.
- Demonstrates command of clinical literature and knowledge and actively leverages this with customers. Develops strong clinical arguments to support business objectives. Develops clinical publication strategy for franchise.
- Propose innovative commercial approaches to drive sales through new sales channels, new call points and new clinical approaches
- Independently represents Global Marketing and franchise on Product Development Teams. Develops marketing specifications that define next generation product requirements. Influences cross functional teams to ensure project objectives are met.
- Maintains continuous mindset of hearing and incorporating customer feedback to improve and innovate BSC products. Collaborates with the Marketing Strategies and Analytics team to build and execute market research plans. Makes recommendations for required market research.
Product Management (general)
- Contributes to development of 5 year global strategic plans by building a business case for both product portfolio and new market opportunities, with minimal guidance.
- Develops annual plans that clearly outline franchise objectives, strategies, tactic and activities. Executes marketing business plans within budget guidelines to deliver profitable growth and maximize global market opportunities
- Develops targeting, positioning and value propositions and trains Sales force.
- Responsible for achieving plan, forecast accuracy, and managing within budget guidelines to achieve goals and support of supplier relationships. Ensure development of key metrics to measure health of franchise.
- Monitors competitive landscape; anticipates competitive response to changing market dynamics; and proactively develops BSC strategies to combat competitive activity. Understands Global competitive products, strategies, strengths and weakness. Develops and trains ales on positioning and messaging
Communication and Relationship Building
- Leverages deep, established relationships with key KOLs to execute key franchise & business initiatives. Regularly connects to drive education, market adoption and innovation of BSC products.
- Develops Global relationships and builds credibility with key internal cross functional stakeholders.
- Is comfortable working with cross-functional teams and has experience in influencing others
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
- MBA preferred, Undergraduate degree required
- 5+ years of successful related business experience
- Prior Product Management Experience (upstream & downstream), including strategic commercialization within the medical field
- Market Development Experience preferred
- KOL engagement and experience preferred
- Sales experience a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel 25% - 40%, including domestic and international
Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare. For more information, visit us at WWW.BOSTONSCIENTIFIC.COM.
Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MA-Marlborough||(n/a)||Marketing & Communications||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Data Management, Law, Product Development, Manager, Marketing, Data, Legal, Research, Management