Senior Product Manager (HUBBELL) - St. Louis, MO
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 1/2/2017
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Hubbell-Wiegmann, becoming a leader in the electrical enclosures industry didn t happen overnight. We earned this leadership position with over 81 years of extensive experience in manufacturing electrical enclosures for the OEM, Commercial Construction, and MRO markets.
Today, the Hubbell-Wiegmann name has become synonymous with traditional NEMA enclosures, JIC enclosures, Non-Metallic enclosures, Stainless enclosures, Aluminum enclosures and Wireway systems. With over 7,000 different standard products in stock, Wiegmann has one of the most complete Commercial/Industrial enclosure packages in North America.
**Please note-the position will work out of the Freeburg, IL office which is approx 23 miles.**
* Develop and launch sales support tools needed to effectively market product lines.
* Interfacing with customers in problem solving and responding to product application inquiries.
* Team with Engineering, Finance, Manufacturing, Sales, Purchasing and outside vendors to achieve product line development, sales, and profit objectives.
* Monitor all product lines performance through the development of specific reports and tracking tools.
* Develop, implement, and execute product line marketing for electrical distribution, consumer channel partners, and alternate channel partner.
* Identify and develop new product opportunities for the Wiegmann line.
* Work with Product Engineering, Wiegmann agents, Regional Managers and Specifications Sales in the field research of new product development.
* Create detailed business case and P&L statement to justify projects and as well as develop all assets of new product launch kits.
* Direct daily communication with end users, rep agents, regional managers Specifications Sales (they will be the ones actually seeing most of the end user applications) and customer to assist in various product support activities.
* Acquire a high level of technical product and market knowledge for each specific product line.
* Assist Pricing Department in cross referencing conversion opportunities.
* Some travel required.
Principal Working Relationships Include:
Engineering, Finance, Manufacturing, Sales (RM s & Agents), Purchasing, Product Engineering, Marketing, and outside suppliers
* Bachelor s degree in Marketing, Business, or Economics with at least a year of Engineering courses preferred.
* 3 5 years previous successful experience as a Product Manager within the electrical industry selling into electrical distribution, retail, and alternate channel customers.
* PC skills require working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project Gantt programs. Advanced Excel skills and strong working knowledge of SAP required.
* Must be comfortable with speaking to customers and engaging large groups.
* Self starter, able to adapt in fast paced environment, and be capable of managing multiple projects at once.
* Must be able to think analytically and posses sharp problem solving skills.
* Must be able to travel up to 30% of the time on short notice and be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs of display materials.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.