Senior Product Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONTycos Security Products business unit provides market leading security solutions to customers in all key vertical markets from Retail to Gaming to Commercial buildings. The Senior Product Manager Connected Integrations is responsible for tactical and strategic operations of our family Access Control and Video products integration to 3rd party partners.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for managing a portion of a product segment on a regional or global basis. Major responsibilities include managing product line profitability, owning new product introduction and obsolescence, overseeing cost-out/value-engineering initiatives, coordinating new market expansion, defining and managing market research and assisting with brand development programs. Significant global, cross-functional interaction and project management is required across the organization with global sales, engineering, manufacturing, sourcing and other functions.
The Senior Product Manager reports to the Director of Product Management for Access Control. The position is located in Westford, MA.
* Works with Technical Services and Marketing to ensure all technical documents and marketing literature are accurate and disseminated (15%)
* Manage existing projects, collaboration with R&D, external partners (15%)
* Monitors the financial performance of all assigned products/regions (10%)
* Monitor product forecasts and production plans to ensure appropriate product inventory levels (10%)
* Identify gaps in current product line and develop Market and Product Requirements to initiate New Product Development projects to fill the gaps (10%)
* Works closely with customer service to define and execute product training and knowledge transfer (10%).
* Develop and maintain competitive analysis reports. Analyze pricing and programs of competitor products to determine relative position of current offerings (5%)
* Evaluate and assess new technologies (5%)
Bachelors Degree with 6 - 8 years related experience
Engineering degree and/or MBA preferred
Four (4) year degree in business, marketing or an engineering/technical field
Two (2) years experience in a customer facing or product development role
Four (4) years experience as a product manager
3-5 years of experience in the security and surveillance market
2-5 years experience in the digital video management an IP video surveillance market
Strong preference for experience working with Access Control and Video Systems
The successful product manager will demonstrate a combination of desirable attributes:
* Sound knowledge of customers and influencers in the access control and video industry
* Experience in applications engineering, field installation and/or product management in security products
* Keen curiosity to understand the broader picture of the industry
* Goal-oriented with a strong drive for success
* Clear bias to collaboration to achieve results
* Excellent communications skills written and verbal
* Strong organization skills
* Attention to detail
* Strong understanding and working knowledge of balance sheets, ROI and P&L reports
* Strong understanding of market data and interpretation
* Strong understanding of IP networks
* Strong understanding of security products
* Highly competent in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word, SharePoint, Exchange
Capable to deliver convincing presentations on products to sales, R&D, marketing and senior staff