Senior Product Marketing Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/5/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Fast Growing SaaS Company in Atlanta
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Agile software and services marketplace is growing globally and so is this top software brand. With proven market momentum around the world, our client is looking for an experienced Senior Product Marketing Manager who desires to be part of a high-performance agile marketing team and successful entrepreneurial culture. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and passionate professional that embodies great values, fosters team work and above all never forgets to have fun.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager will be part of a team responsible for the positioning and marketing of our client's software solutions as well as enabling the sales team on our target buyers and our messages to them. This team is responsible for sales enablement, market research, messaging, positioning, competitive intelligence, strategic coordination, and communication for brand's product line. Critical to this role is the ability to capture and communicate deep product and industry knowledge into a successful product marketing strategy.
* Understand target buyer, develop sales-ready messaging, and conduct sales enablement.
* Market and product expertise, including deep technical knowledge of the product - the product marketing managers are the product experts in marketing and must have the deep technical knowledge required to collaborate with product management, product specialists, and sales reps.
* Work in a team of product marketers to understand the buyer, market, and competition; plan and execute overall product marketing strategy, goals and deliverables:
* Define the strategy, goals, and activities of the product marketing team in support of company initiatives
* Create product and services positioning and messaging for target buyers and influencers
* Oversee launch planning for new offerings - including a company-wide process and template - that incorporates products, solutions and services
* Create a sales enablement plan and oversee marketing contributions to drive sales adoption of messages and content; create and maintain sales tools, training and support materials
* Create and maintain product collateral and online content
* Develop and publish competitive intelligence
* Conduct and publish market research, win/loss and competitive analysis
* Develop product demand strategies and tactics and participate in the development of demand generation plans and programs
* Trade-show, conference and seminar messaging and content preparation and delivery
* Create messaging, content, and sales training for quarterly releases
* Support thought leadership
* Support consulting service strategies and offerings
* Support and participate in analyst relations
* Formalize processes, metrics and reporting structure to support the product marketing team's goals
* Collaborate closely with product management, sales, and executives in addition to colleagues on the marketing team
* Four year degree or equivalent experience, advanced degree preferred
* Two recent high-tech software product marketing or related product roles - product marketing, product management, product specialist, etc.
* Product experience related to agile software development preferred
* Deep understanding of buyer-centric content, the buyer journey, and what sales needs to sell effectively
* Proven ability to translate market and customer needs into software strategies and tactics
* Combination of strategic marketing and sales support experience
* Highly collaborative nature is a must - engaging directly with sales leaders, product leaders, and the marketing team every day.
* Proven writing abilities, including collateral, web content, white papers, and other product related lead gen content.
* High energy and clear evidence of professional growth
* Knowledge of the Customer Centric Selling approach preferred
* Knowledge of SiriusDecisions models preferred