Senior Product Marketing Manager - Commercial Roofing (Coatings)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Looking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, the World's largest roofing manufacturer.
At GAF, we've built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we've got the financial results to prove it!). Whether it's in our Parsippany, NJ, world headquarters, or at one of our more than 24 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed.
If you're excited by the idea of working for a market-leading company, in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference, then GAF may be the place for you.
The Senior Product Manager, Commercial Roofing, will oversee product management responsibilities for Commercial Roofing, with a focus on the recently expanded and growing Coatings product line; position, depending on candidate, may have expanded responsibilities to other areas within the roofing category. This position oversees all technical projects leading to new product development and new product concepts. In addition to the team leadership and product development responsibilities, this position is responsible for all marketing collateral.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Monitor technical competitive trends within marketplace and identify opportunities for application within product categories.
* Identify opportunities to develop new products, streamline/reduce product offering, manufacturing, purchasing and distribution costs.
* Draft new and update technical product data sheets and literature to be consistent with codes and regulatory requirements as well as define and write application instructions
* Manage existing mature product line and lead product/application development efforts of commercial and steep slope underlayment products as necessary
* Work closely with R&D, Operations and other functions for development, testing and productions of new and existing products
* Develop and support customer/contractor programs aligned with product development efforts
* Conduct market research and publish articles on key business issues and strategic initiatives.
* Present information at trade shows, technical forums, to internal Sr. management etc. as necessary
* Management of 1-2 marketers
* Bachelor's Degree is required; an advanced degree in Science or Engineering strongly preferred.
* Strong knowledge of Coatings / Paint
* Technical understanding of building materials, roofing a plus
* A self-starter with attention to detail and accuracy; strong financial analysis and background with ability to manage multiple tasks and projects within timelines.
* Leadership skills to lead cross-functional teams/tasks and interface with R&D and Technical and Field Services to develop products and application processes.
* Very strong communication and presentation skills are required.
* Demonstrated marketing/sales experience (minimum of 7+ years) as well as demonstrated project management experience required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, tuition reimbursement, and a vacation package. At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource.
GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V. Must have ability to work in the U.S. without current/future need for GAF visa sponsorship
No search firms please.
This role may be filled as a Product Manager