Senior Program Manager 8/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COBHAM is seeking a SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER that will direct all phases of programs/projects from inception through completion and participate in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. The Program Manager will coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, and financial terms/conditions of contract and act as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customers in coordination with internal team members to discuss cost, schedule, and technical issues. This position is located in Lansdale, PA.
* Deliver program to agreed time, cost, quality and performance parameters by organizing, coordinating and directing all program activities in conjunction with all required functional organizations. Define the strategy and objectives to successfully deliver the program, taking into account the company's strategic objectives, while remaining consistent with customer and contractual requirements.
* Developing and implementing a proactive risk management process. This process includes identifying resource gaps and mitigation planning / review of program risks both during the program planning phase and regularly during program execution, integrating the reporting of the program activities and operating program governance.
* The Program Manager assures Integrated Project Team (IPT) resource identification and must be able to operate effectively within this environment, carrying out the program activities through the efforts of a matrixed team. Directly motivate and provide leadership for the broader program team as well as other Program Managers within the function. Ensure effective and open communication throughout the program team and with all internal and external stakeholders, leading planning efforts and resolving conflicts across projects.
* Most critically, the Program Manager measures and improves program performance through the investigation of processes, tools, staff training, facilities and team dynamics. Identifying and recommending alternatives that could improve the performance of these factors, or overall program performance.
* The Program Manager is responsible for conducting regular reviews of all program task estimates, challenging the team to develop and implement the most efficient methods for achieving the requirements and eliminating wasteful approaches. A management reserve will be established by the Program Manager to provide resources for the unexpected program challenges that occur along the way.
* The Program Manager must have an outward focus, establishing an objective roadmap for creating new business opportunities from the present program. This is enhanced by their actively managing customer satisfaction thereby, assuring a high rate of repeated business. Also, trains program personnel to be alert to new opportunities and equips them with "state-of-the-art" skills to remain competitive.
* Program Managers also participate in planning of company capital, Internal Research & Development (IRAD), and Bid & Proposal (B ability to deliver reliable, unique and leading edge solutions that meet/exceed expectations; ability to act with energy, passion and responsibility; ability to collaborate to leverage and align all elements of the business; ability to inspire every employee to reach his or her full potential and achieve excellence
* Bachelor's Degree and 12+ years' work experience; or a Master's Degree and 10+ years' experience in a Program Management discipline within the DoD industry.
* Experience managing complex US Defense related programs, with strong working knowledge of DoD program management standards, methodologies and operating procedures.
* Program Management experience directing all phases of programs/projects from inception through completion as well as experience in participating in negotiations of contract and contract changes.
* Experience writing proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications.
* Experience in goal orientation with ability to cite specific examples of driving program successes within prior work experiences.
* Experience in coaching and mentoring staff; facilitate and mediate conflict and bring a global view to the Program Management office.
* In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
* Accredited Project Management qualification
* Experience is preferred to fall into CAT 1 or CAT 2, with minimum value of $500,000
* Experience leading programs utilizing an Earned Value process, including customer reporting requirements
* 5years of progressive responsibility in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, including solid leadership in a RF/microwave, antenna, or precision motion control program management environment; proven success in managing projects through production material control/scheduling, and design engineering principles
* Active DoD clearance
* Strong goal orientation with ability to cite specific examples of driving program successes within prior work experiences
* Excellent people leadership and interpersonal skills
COBHAM\'S values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future innovators like you.
COBHAM is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust COBHAM to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
_COBHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND EMBRACES DIVERSITY IN OUR EMPLOYEE POPULATION. IT IS THE POLICY OF COBHAM TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR GENETIC INFORMATION. COBHAM WILL REFRAIN FROM DISCHARGING, OR OTHERWISE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST, EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS WHO INQUIRE ABOUT, DISCUSS, OR DISCLOSE THEIR COMPENSATION OR THE COMPENSATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS._