Senior Program Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Cobham Microelectronic Solutions San Diego
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONCobham is seeking a Senior Program Manager that will interface with customers, providing a single point of contact throughout the life of the contract, including monitoring the development and delivery of the product; manage the program by coordinating departmental or cross-functional teams while focusing on the delivery; monitor project from start to completion by planning and directing schedules; participate in design review meeting, cost and profitability and scheduling of product; collaborate with staff across functional areas such as engineering, development and production departments; provide management and customer status regarding financial and tactical progress on contracts. This position is located in San Diego, CA.
* Manage complex development programs capturing all program tasks including bids and proposals, costing, negotiations, planning and scheduling, material management, customer communication, financial analysis, customer and management presentations.
* Submit, monitor and distribute internal and external program documentation requiring configuration management and approval.
* Create and implement successful program plans which proactively address risk and provide a high degree of confidence supporting contract deliverable requirements.
* Analyze cost and revenue performance of programs, providing revenue forecasts and ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget and profitability; prepare basis of cost estimates, provide pricing rationale and recommendations supporting quotations, proposals for follow-on contracts; monitor program schedule progress and profitability on a monthly basis; prepare monthly program financial reports for management review; manage Return Material Authorization (RMA) repair activity including cost and pricing.
* Develop accurate presentations and reports to support internal management and customer reviews; manage and execute new development programs in accordance with budget, schedule and technical objectives; leverage relationship with existing customers to identify new business opportunities; provide cost proposals and SOW leadership to the proposal team.
* Lead customer and internal reviews such as TIMs, Preliminary and Critical Design Reviews, (PDRs and CDRs) and Manufacturing Readiness Reviews (MRRs)
* Develop methods, procedures and work practices to systematize management practices across the program management group; produce certified cost and pricing packages compliant with FAR TINA requirements.
* Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices.
* Ensure 5S is adhered to and sustained within work area.
* Coordinate, schedule and facilitate as applicable Lean/Six Sigma activities for own work area as well as for other areas to enhance cross-functional problems solving; utilize Company tool champions as appropriate for more significant lean events.
* Develop, track and report visual metrics, including KPIs for area; react to metrics by identifying and solving problems, making improvements and advancing process control.
* Develop and support teams that make suggestions, take initiative and actively implement improvements.
* Collaborate in team meeting and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
* Ten (10) years of progressively increasing responsibility in a fast-pace electronics manufacturing environment.
* Experience in managing RF/Microwave product development programs.
* Experience in managing projects from concept through production transfer including, generation of project schedule, material control/scheduling, cost accounting/budgeting and earned value analysis.
* In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
* Experience with R&D technology development programs.
* Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE).
* Master of Business Administration.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And its the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers
Job Category: Project Management
Primary Location: US-California-San Diego
Organization: Cobham Microelectronic Solutions San Diego
Recruiter: Craig Beronja