Senior Program Manager - Strategic Product Marketing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
Herman Miller, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONGeneral Purpose:
Responsible for partnering with leadership to develop and implement marketing objectives, strategies, and tactical plans to successfully launch key strategic Herman Miller product initiatives and maintain an existing category of products. Collaborates with multiple levels of the organization and with International business partners to implement marketing plans and product launches globally.
* In partnership with the Strategic Product Marketing Lead, generates marketing plans, strategy, and activities to build demand for products from target Global Work business audiences.
* Facilitates, leads, executes, and deploys marketing mix activities relevant to the Global Work business in support of key North American and Global strategic Product Marketing initiatives, including new product launches, product refreshes, and product support maintenance.
* Partners with Product Category and Launch Core Teams to ensure the overall market launch success of new products, connecting with Herman Miller International Teams, as needed, to support global market launch efforts.
* Drives the creation of marketing communication assets, as well as sales and knowledge tools in partnership with internal and external resources.
* Works with the Product Category Team to identify and facilitate long-term marketing support needs to drive growth within the category.
* Leads day-to-day program management efforts related to category-level promotion and demand generation initiatives.
* Researches and maintains an understanding of the latest trends in successful product launch solutions, and regularly suggests new and innovative solutions for go-to-market strategies.
* Maintains an operational efficiency and strong technical awareness of the use and application of Herman Miller products and points of differentiation from our competitors.
* Maintains a strong understanding of Herman Miller's strategic business objectives and how it relates to the positioning of our product offering.
* Performs additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
* Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field.
* Five to seven years of experience with successful marketing strategy development, product launch execution, and program management, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* Strong project management skills with experience in leading and owning projects from start to finish with a cross-functional team.
* Office furniture industry experience is preferred.
* Demonstrated high level of written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills to communicate information, ideas, procedures, and processes.
* Ability to be proactive, resourceful, flexible, and effectively manage their time and resources.
* Willingness to take risks with new and innovative ideas.
* Ability to effectively use office automation, communication, software, and tools used in the Herman Miller office environment including Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and Adobe Creative Suite.
* Willingness and ability to travel 10 percent of the time.
* Must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodations.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.