Senior Program Manager
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Founded in 1980, Seattle-based Precor is a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation (www.amersports.com), the world's largest sports equipment company, with internationally recognized brands that include Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Salomon, Mavic and Arc Teryx.
For more than 30 years, Precor has been inspiring people to live a life in motion. Precor s world headquarters is located in Woodinville, WA with additional domestic operations in Whitsett, North Carolina.
Precor is the #1 supplier of fitness equipment to many of the world s biggest fitness chains, including 24 Hour Fitness, Gold s Gym, Anytime Fitness, and YMCA. Precor is also a preferred fitness equipment supplier to Hilton Hotels worldwide.
With a mission to be the standard of excellence in the fitness industry, Precor manufactures and sells high-end fitness equipment for the home and commercial environment.
* Cardio Equipment (e.g. Ellipticals (EFX), Treadmills, Adaptive Motion Trainers (AMT), Bikes)
* Strength Training Systems
* Fitness Entertainment Products (e.g. Personal Viewing Screens (PVS), Audio Transmitters/Receivers)
Why You Should Join the Precor Team
* Dynamic, forward thinking company leading the industry in product innovation
* Rewards and recognition for superior performance
* Collaborative environment fostering teamwork and accountability
* Opportunity to work for a company that positively impacts people s lives
* Exceptional benefits program including profit sharing, generous 401(k) match, and free on-site gym access
* Superior employee discounts on Precor and other Amer Sports Corporation brand products
POSITION SUMMARY AND SCOPE
The Senior Program Manager is responsible for the centralized management of new product introduction and key company initiatives. This person serves as the focal point for the entire product timeline and process: from articulation of the long-term product roadmap, to oversight of near-term program goals, to manufacturing launch and general company readiness.
Organizationally, the Senior Program Manager directly supervises a team of project managers and reports to the Director of Product Management. This person works regularly with senior leadership and department heads to resolve resource constraints and decision conflicts that affect program goals, ensuring that teams make the right program trade-offs to meet business objectives.
To ensure success, the following leadership traits, combined with an aggressive management approach, are key: relationship builder, trustworthy, crystal clear expectations, effective questioning and decision-making.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential Job Function
30% Program Management:
* Interact closely with stakeholders in Product Management, Engineering, Operations, Quality, Global Sourcing, Marketing, Service, and Finance, to ensure alignment across programs.
* Provide business and process oversight for new cardio and strength product development plus strategic business initiatives.
* Provide process oversight and guidance on best practices and continual process improvement.
* Provide Product Development budget oversight and forecasting.
* Serve as technical advisor on the development of the product roadmap. This includes facilitating conversations and consolidating information between product management, engineering, and finance in order to provide guidance on the development complexity, project costs, resource needs and timelines.
* Present program updates to senior leaders.
* Uses the products we develop and competitive offerings.
40% Project Management:
* Interact closely with stakeholders in Product Management, Engineering, Operations, Quality, Global Sourcing, Marketing, Service, and Finance, to ensure alignment across the project.
* Work with the Product Line Architect and cross-functional team to establish and meet new product introduction (NPI) objectives.
* Define clear expectations and lead the cross-functional team through the Precor development process from concept to product launch.
* Manage the project budget, including monthly accruals and forecast updates.
* Present project updates to senior leaders.
20% Department Management:
* Lead three-person project management team, including setting overall team objectives and professional skills development.
* Continually assess team capabilities by leveraging strengths and addressing knowledge gaps through coaching and training.
* Mentor team through individual meetings, performance metrics and annual reviews.
* Hold department meetings to share company information.
* Effectively and objectively communicates information to co-workers, customers and suppliers which they require to do their jobs
* Serves as a mentor to others to improve project management process and culture.
* Actively pursues continuous improvement and ease of doing business to create value for the customer and business.
Performs other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Any equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job, will be considered.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field required * PMI PMP Certification required * Scrum Master Certification preferred
Experience, Skills and Abilities:
* Minimum 10 years of project/program management experience with strong, demonstrable, technical skills * Minimum 5 years of product design/engineering experience, including design for manufacturability and assembly * Demonstrated knowledge of management and leadership skills * Experience leading many concurrent projects to successful completion * Ability to digest and fully understand Marketing and Product Management communications, as well as business case proposals and financial statements (at the product and business unit level) * Ability to effectively lead and coordinate the technical work of engineers, designers, and other developers * Ability to lead (both internal and external teams) through influence, not position, the work of others * Ability to positively communicate with stakeholders to address their needs promptly and to follow through on commitments based on company priorities and objectives * Ability to present and sell program concepts to internal customers * Ability to anticipate, identify, quantify and permanently resolve problems in a timely manner * Ability to develop strategies, action plans, and metrics to monitor results * Ability to influence the creation and improvement of systems and processes * Ability to effectively plan, organize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines * Ability to manage simultaneous tasks in an environment that can be stressful * Ability to effectively communicate plans, projects and capabilities to senior management * Ability to listen to others, analyze inputs, and appropriately act on information provided * Ability to react quickly and effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment
* Customer Focus solicits and uses feedback for continuous improvement. Strives for quality and excellence. * Accountability takes a no excuses approach to making things happen. Takes responsibility for own actions and results. * Teamwork Activelyassists to move the team toward the completion of goals * Communication Skills Effectively expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form. * Collaboration - Establishes collaborative relationships to achieve objectives
* Drive for Results- Develop strategies, action plans, and metrics to monitor results