Senior Project Accountant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The Senior Project Accountant will serve as the primary financial manager for several construction contracts. This will include budget preparation, customer billing and collections, preparing and analyzing project changes/contract variations, and partnering with Project Management and Operations to manage and control costs.
In addition, the Senior Project Accountant will be responsible for a wide range of accounting functions. This will include billing and collections of miscellaneous sales, monthly book close, monthly forecasting, account reconciliations, journal entries and accruals, tax returns/filings, annual budget preparation, and audit support (both financial and process-control).
Finally, the Senior Project Accountant will support the bid and proposal process through review of contract terms, proposing billing schedules, and estimating cash flows.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Collaborate with Project Management to prepare project budgets
* Generate and submit invoices to customer
* Track receivables
* Update budgets for financial impact of project changes
* Analyze project budgets and costs
* Forecast of monthly project billings, collections, and costs
* Input of journal entries and accruals
* Perform account reconciliations
* Evaluate potential contract terms and billing schedules
* Produce cash flows
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor s in accounting is required
* Master s or advanced degree in accounting is preferred
* 5+ years of accounting experience
* Long Term Contract accounting experience a plus.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office; experience with Oracle ERP a plus.
* Highly self-motivated, quick and agile learner
* Must be analytical and intuitive
* Strong oral and written communications skills both lateral and vertical
* Comfortable asking questions and challenging the status quo
* Ability to adjust to change and also facilitate process change
* Able to take ownership and responsibility, drive results, and effectively influence others
* Capable of building effective relationships
* High standard of integrity and attention to details a must