Senior Project Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
Provide technical leadership of the Integrated Product Team (IPT) for development programs from the design phase to completion of qualification testing. The applicant shall be well versed in electro-mechanical components with a working knowledge of electronics and software. The Project Engineer shall assure that the design/program is in full compliance with the customer technical specification, statement of work, schedule and budget. Other responsibilities include the selection of various components, hands on support during product design development and testing as well as writing qualification test plans, test reports, data items and new product proposals. This position will initially be based in Corona, CA then will transfer to a Meggitt site in Irvine, CA in early 2017.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Lead project from conception to production involving multi-disciplined engineering teams.
* Conduct internal and external customer design reviews
* Chair weekly with customer and IPT members (design, quality, manufacturing, purchasing)
* Define and report out on schedule, budget and risks.
* Capable of understanding complex integrated electro-mechanical components, including power electronics, digital design, embedded software, electric motors, fans, pumps.
* Understanding and interpreting military and commercial aerospace specifications and their impact on design.
* Writing test procedures and test requirements as well as customer data items.
Education:Post-secondary degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Years Experience: 5 - 10 years of relevant experience of which 5 years project engineering experience
* Ability to improve products or services by applying professional and business knowledge
* Able to solve complex problems; makes decisions based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
* Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
* Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory. Ability to work with concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations, and proofs of theorems.
* Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.